You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

New to Vatsim, I need a bit of help

Ahti Matilainen

Ahti Matilainen
Posted
Posted

Do I need to have a navigraph subscription for charts and navdata for IFR flights? I've been listening to atc on the ground and when atc tells someone to follow a sid, that sid isn't in my departure thing in the fmc in the zibomod 737 though. Is that an issue?

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

No you don't. But ask for and expect to get vectors instead.

regards

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Ahti Matilainen
Posted
Posted
No you don't. But ask for and expect to get vectors instead.

regards

Thank you!

Torben Andersen
Posted
Posted

Perhaps I should also say that charts can be found at the Civil Aviations Autority's homepage or at Eurocontrol.

For Finland ([Mod - Happy Thoughts]uming you're Finnish from your name) you can find them at https://ais.fi/ais/eaip/en/

Torben

Torben Andersen, VACC-SCA Controller (C1)

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Do I need to have a navigraph subscription for charts and navdata for IFR flights? I've been listening to atc on the ground and when atc tells someone to follow a sid, that sid isn't in my departure thing in the fmc in the zibomod 737 though. Is that an issue?

It isn't required, and you can always coordinate something non-standard with your controller. However, understand that this often takes them some extra time, effort, and coordination with adjoining sectors -- and be patient accordingly for minor delays.

As you get more familiar with the basics, you will probably find that you will want to have relatively updated navigation data and charts, so you might want to start looking into that for later.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png