You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Error connecting to voice server: Connect failed (Forbidden

Brian Barry 1318999

Brian Barry 1318999
Posted
Posted

Hi All

I've read the pinned post about the above and have re-entered my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word again . However I am still receiving the above message when trying to use vpilot with P3D.

Does anybody have any other suggestions for a fix or work around?

Thanks

Brian

Ian Messenger 840629
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem Brian.

Ever since I changed my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word 3 Days ago

Do not have a solution so am going to try changing my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word again.

Ian ZKIGM

Brian Barry 1318999
Posted
Posted

Could you let me know afterwards if that works for you? This error has occurred since reactivating an account, so may need a new p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word reset.

Thanks

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Just making sure -- you both have been supremely careful about capitalization and completely clearing out your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]words and typing them in, not copying and pasting?

Both of your accounts are active. Ian, because you just changed your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word again, it's possible, not probable, that you may have full access (FSD servers and voice) already, but if not voice, you should have access to various FSD servers today, but no voice until tomorrow after the sync at 12Z.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Ian Messenger 840629
Posted
Posted

Hi Don

Yes have been very careful about the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word typing etc.

I understand that because I changed my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word I will need to wait .

It is interesting but the p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word works for Squawk Box and to log into this site straight away?

Am going to give it 2 days and then I will report back.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Watch for errant extra spaces before or after CID or p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word. The FSD servers will ignore them and let you in, but the voice server will not.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

@Brian @Ian - Membership has confirmed that your credentials do work just fine when connecting to the network.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

And @Ian: The network and voice servers are 2 different things. Network servers get updated very frequently, whereas voice server only gets updated once every day. That's why you may be able to connect with your client but fail connecting to voice

Me.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It has also been confirmed that there's been an issue with new credentials getting pushed to voice server. Tech team is working on it.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Ian Messenger 840629
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys

As of today about 2 days after resetting my p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word and doing a reinstall of VPilot I am up and running

So thank you all for your help and surgestions

Ian