You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help with Vpilot....Cant get it to work!!

David Carr 1470799

David Carr 1470799
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi All,

I recently became an enthusiast and use FSX gold edition on my Windows 10 PC. I have watch a lot of YouTube videos on VATSIM and would love to connect and play. I have an issue. I have tried installing vPilot and when i run through the installer is installs but then i get an error and the application will not open. the error states "unhandled exception simconnect not found"

Could someone advise on how to fix this? i cant see anything online about fixing.

thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

That's strange. It's been many years since I stopped using FSX, but if I remember correctly, I also had the Gold package. It included the Acceleration pack, which I thought included Simconnect.

I wonder if you may need to repair your FSX installation (or manually reinstall SimConnect from your DVDs).

I just did a quick google search and found this -- wonder if it might be of any help.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/423835-in-search-of-simconnect-v61612590/

Good luck.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

David Carr 1470799
Posted
Posted

Thanks Don I will try and repair FSX through the disk and see what happens.

I'm new to all this.

thanks for your help though.

Out of interest, what game do you play and use online? what pilot tools do you use?

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

I use P3Dv4 with vPilot. Love it. Dramatic improvement from FSX. My old machine was croaking on FPS with add-on aircraft and scenery, and finally had enough of the stuttering, so decided to buy a new, capable machine. Wanted 64 bit application to take advantage of my new specs. Liked the idea of P3D as an evolution from FSX. At the time, there wasn't a great client for XPlane so never tried it. I just figured I'd have an easier time transitioning to P3D. Of course I've still spent a few paychecks on aircraft and scenery (don't tell my wife!), but even out of the box it was a dramatic improvement over FSX, and with the add ons I'm pretty happy!

XPlane has a free trial, and P3D has a refund policy, so you could not go wrong trying either.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

David Carr 1470799
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that will do!