You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSquawkBox 2 beta and window text

Felix Zapata Berlinches

Felix Zapata Berlinches
Posted
Posted

Hi, i've installed the last beta of version 2. I can hear and I (think) can talk (my input device is not working but I almost sure the problem is on my side).

But, when I'm trying to use the keyboard to show the text messages or to write a private message, it doesn't work.

When I push the TAB key or the ENTER key, I see the ATC menu from X-Plane (Readback transmission, File flight plan, etc).

With a previous version of XSB, I used TAB to show the messages, and the ENTER key to write a message to the main channel or via private message.

My X-Plane is 10.50 version under macOS 10.13.2.

Félix Zapata (1245159)

vACC Director (ACCSP1)

VATSIM Spain (a.k.a VATSPA)

Imagen

UAL682.png

Christopher Collins
Posted
Posted

But, when I'm trying to use the keyboard to show the text messages or to write a private message, it doesn't work.

When I push the TAB key or the ENTER key, I see the ATC menu from X-Plane (Readback transmission, File flight plan, etc).

With a previous version of XSB, I used TAB to show the messages, and the ENTER key to write a message to the main channel or via private message.

You need to explicitly bind these controls in XSB 2 - we no longer use global hooks, but play nice with the command system - this means that you can even use joystick buttons to toggle the Whos Online window now and to toggle visibility and scroll the text window.

See the quickstart notes on the original beta post: http://xsb.xsquawkbox.net/2019/11/xsquawkbox-2-0-beta-1-is-out/

XSquawkBox - Developer/Maintainer

Please post any support related questions to the XSquawkBox support forum rather than private messaging me, thanks.

Felix Zapata Berlinches
Posted
Posted

thanks, will do it.

Félix Zapata (1245159)

vACC Director (ACCSP1)

VATSIM Spain (a.k.a VATSPA)

Imagen

UAL682.png