You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Default atis with xpilot

Scott Brady

Scott Brady
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hello all,

Is there anyway to check the default atis using xpilot? I’m training for my private pilots license and when flying I like to check other atis as I’m flying using the frequencies I will use in real life as well as check the frequencies at my destination. So when I’m flying in real life everything would be the same. After installing xpilot my default atis no longer works. I realize that this conflicts with the vatsim controllers atis (if set up) but I still would like to use my default atis. I also have default atis coming through tv speakers and all vatsim voice coming through headset so I really didn’t have a problem using squawkbox. Is there any work around for this? Any info would be good. Thank you

Edited by Guest

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

After connecting to the network, xPilot will automatically disable the built in ATIS. If you’re familiar with modifying dataref values, change “sim/atc/atis_enabled” from 0 to 1 after connecting xPilot. If you’re familiar with lua scripts, you could create one to do this for you.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

For a one-click solution you can also disconnect from the network long enough to retrieve the ATIS, then, reconnect. If you're in controlled space, give ATC a heads-up so they know to expect you to reappear on the scope in 30 seconds.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Scott Brady
Posted
Posted

Great tips! Thank you guys!

Scott Brady
Posted
Posted
After connecting to the network, xPilot will automatically disable the built in ATIS. If you’re familiar with modifying dataref values, change “sim/atc/atis_enabled” from 0 to 1 after connecting xPilot. If you’re familiar with lua scripts, you could create one to do this for you.

Justin, thanks for the reply. I’m in the datarefs folder in xplane/plugins and I found the “sim/atc/atis_enabled Int y” line but where do I change the 0 to 1 value? Above in quotes is what I have with no changes from me. I’m close to solving this. Any help would be great thanks you.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Justin, thanks for the reply. I’m in the datarefs folder in xplane/plugins and I found the “sim/atc/atis_enabled Int y” line but where do I change the 0 to 1 value? Above in quotes is what I have with no changes from me. I’m close to solving this. Any help would be great thanks you.

You’ll need to use a dataref plugin to change the value, like this one https://github.com/leecbaker/datareftool/

Scott Brady
Posted
Posted

Nice I got it. Very simple! Thanks again.

Michael Donaldson 1471071
Posted
Posted

Justin - Would it be possible to only override the ATIS frequencies that are in range and online (those that show up in the freq list on the left)?

This would allow flights between attended fields and unattended fields.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Justin - Would it be possible to only override the ATIS frequencies that are in range and online (those that show up in the freq list on the left)?

This would allow flights between attended fields and unattended fields.

No, it's either all or nothing.

Posted
Posted

Is this a limit of VATSim or xPilot? PilotEdge is able to accomplish this on XPlane...

Just curious from a technical stand point and not promoting one service over another.

Can I still get ATIS at airports PilotEdge doesn’t treat as towered?

Yes, you can. For X-Plane customers, our system automatically disables and re-enables the built-in ATIS system for you.

If this is a limitation of VATSim, would it be possible for you to include an in-sim toggle option to enable/disable ATIS so it can be adjusted mid-flight and without having to modify datarefs?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Is this a limit of VATSim or xPilot? PilotEdge is able to accomplish this on XPlane...

Just curious from a technical stand point and not promoting one service over another.

Can I still get ATIS at airports PilotEdge doesn’t treat as towered?

Yes, you can. For X-Plane customers, our system automatically disables and re-enables the built-in ATIS system for you.

If this is a limitation of VATSim, would it be possible for you to include an in-sim toggle option to enable/disable ATIS so it can be adjusted mid-flight and without having to modify datarefs?

I have added in a menu option in the next release to quickly enable/disable the stock ATIS.

Posted
Posted

Awesome! Keep up the great work and thank your for xPilot

Scott Brady
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much Justin. I have been flying since flight simulator 2000... xplane is by far the best simulator I have ever seen. You guys do such a good job and it is greatly appreciated!