You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Can't hear any received voice on X-pilot

Dennis Hickman 1139831

Dennis Hickman 1139831
Posted
Posted

I recently downloaded and installed Xpilot version 1.1.7.0. (Beta version) directly from the VATSIM website and for some reason I can transmit voice but cannot receive voice, either from controllers or ATIS. I fly GA aircraft, and tested it on line several times. Each time I got a positive response from the controller by text. I know there is nothing wrong with my microphone and headset connections and I am able to hear youtube videos clearly. I have also tried other aircraft types with the same result, i.e. no voice reception. I am at a loss to what else I could do about this and would appreciate advice please.

I have tried running xpilot as administrator, disable realistic radio effects, checked all controls correctly set (COM1 and COM2, volume, headset volume etc, as well as dot commands to enable COM1 and COM2 receive ON).

Dennis Hickman

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Does the RX light turn blue when someone speaks or not even that?

Me.

Dennis Hickman 1139831
Posted
Posted

yes

Dennis Hickman 1139831
Posted
Posted

RX background goes green whenever voice is transmitted (but not heard) both from pilots/controllers and ATIS

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

What type of headset are you using (analog, usb, bluetooth)?

Is your microphone and headset device recognized in the xPilot settings? When you calibrate your microphone, does the VU meter move (the colored bouncing bar)?

Can you confirm that xPilot isn't muted in your Windows volume mixer?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Dennis Hickman 1139831
Posted
Posted

Thank you for your response, Justin. I am a bit short of time at the moment, I will get back to you with my answers.

Andrey Omelnitsky 1179378
Posted
Posted

just write command ----------- > .rx com1 on

in xPilot string. And all will be OK

Paul Wright
Posted
Posted

I have the exact same symptoms as the OP, in case anyone has resolved this. Tried ".rx com 1 on" to no avail. Controller confirms I am broadcasting voice but I cannot hear anyone, audio works normally in other applications including X-Plane.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

I know this is obvious, but you wouldn't be the first one... how is your volume slider for xPilot on Windows?

Me.

Paul Wright
Posted
Posted

Wanted to report that I RESOLVED my occurrence of this issue, and am embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed to say that it was the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment of the wrong audio device in the Windows sound mixer interface.

(So right-click on the speaker icon in the lower right portion of the Windows task bar on your desktop, then stare and compare against the device selected in X-pilot.)

In my case, some version of "High Definition Audio Device" vs "High Definition Audio Speakers" or some such silliness. Anyway, if you're having this issue triple-check that Windows and X-pilot are pointing to the exact same instance of your hardware (on my setup, a gaming headset with boom mic), and know that their labeling by Windows can be vague. Thanks to all for your help! It was worth all the h[Mod - Happy Thoughts]le - X-pilot rocks!