You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No Audio in VPilot Since Update

Matthew Marshall 1046293

Matthew Marshall 1046293
Posted
Posted

Hi All,

I don't use VATSIM all that much so was looking forward to using the new software update. I updated my VPilot and now I can't seem to listen to any ATC.

I don't have a MIC connected, but all other settings are as before, which allowed me to use TEXT but receive AUDIO clearances and instructions etc.

Anyone whos in the know have any idea on a fix?

Thanks Matt

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

What error message are you getting?

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Matthew Marshall 1046293
Posted
Posted

Hi Don,

There is no error message, the only thing I get in RED TEXT when I start is due to having no mic plugged in I will not be able to communicate in voice.

It doesn't mention the ability not to receive voice or VOICE ATIS'

Thanks,

Matt

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Yep, voice comms will not work unless you have both an output and input device plugged in. We know it's a PITA, but for now it os what it is :S

Me.

• 2 weeks later...
William Su
Posted
Posted

Is "voice receive" not a thing anymore because I'm having the same issue. However, I'm using my phone as a mic using WOmic and I'm not able to receive or transmit audio at all.

Dirk Karmelk 1282192
Posted
Posted

Nestor,

Am I understanding you correctly that I will have to acquire 2 separate devices namely 1 for listening and the other for speaking and that my presently fully functioning headset (both listening/speaking) will not work correctly in view of the ne Codec system?

At present I logon to vPilot and all works fine for approximate 10 to 20 minutes after which I get the following message in RED,

Quote Disconnect from voice server. Reason: Lost connection,

Unquote.

Regards

Dirk Karmelk

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

@Dirk:

If your headset shows up as an output device and your headset mic shows up as an input device, you are fine.

Periodic disconnection from the voice server after it works fine for a bit is a separate issue from what's being discussed here.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Thanks Robert!

Me.