You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

SB Crashing...

Hunter Smith 908387

Hunter Smith 908387
Posted
Posted

Hello, i know this has been writtin on before. I have another question that has to do with SB crashing. My problem was when i connected to SB, SB would crash, i fixed it by running FS in a window and starting SB host. That worked but now how do you connect to a multiplayer session and see traffic?

Evert Zandbergen 848202
Posted
Posted

You will have to launch the squawkbox main program, it will probably be in your 'start' > 'programs' list, then run that one, type your name ....then click on search session..you'll see the session name you're hosting and click join.

The next screen to appear is one with a picture of an airport with a grey bar in the bottom..click on that one and go back to your FS.

In FS you will now see a window 1 row, and a black/darg grey part, this is your main window where all the messages are shown. Right click in the dark grey and click on connect, you'll be promted back to your desktop...then a new screen will appear where you have to fill in your Pilot ID + VATSIM p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word...do so...then change your callsign from newbie into something you like and click on connect, you'll now hear a gong sound and if you go back to your FS screen you'll see a row of blue letter which indicates you're connected with the VATSIM network.

This means that if planes are in the area you'll be able to see them!

I hope it's clear! if not say so I'll try to help

Greetz! Evert

3.png

Visit the Holland Aviation Site here

Hunter Smith 908387
Posted
Posted

Thank you so much for your help but thats the original way to connect to SquawkBox. My Squawkbox just randomly decided to stop working so i have to log on to SB host and run FS in a window or something like that. I'm just so confused about the whole thing and if anybody knows the problem, please write back, thank you sooo much. I'm ready to get back in the air

Trony Tigno
Posted
Posted

Try this sequence. I had the same problem but this seemed to work:

1. Start SBrelay

2. Start FS9

3. Create or choose your flight

4. Start HostSB.dll

5. Press ALT+ESC (not Ctrl+ESC) to min window

6. Start Squawkbox

7. Everything should be working.

Try this. It seemed to has solved my problem but I'm not sure if will for you.

Good Luck!!!

Hunter Smith 908387
Posted
Posted

SB still encounters a problem and shuts down after trying to connect to 127.1.1.0 (SBRELAY)...need some major help, haha, i'm about to die here. Thank yall so much for trying.

Evert Zandbergen 848202
Posted
Posted
SB still encounters a problem and shuts down after trying to connect to 127.1.1.0 (SBRELAY)...need some major help, haha, i'm about to die here. Thank yall so much for trying.

Don't Panic Hunter

Uhm I always reboot my system before I start my flight...this makes sure no addition un-needed programs are running and it's much faster then when it has been on for a day

Do you need to type 127.1.1.0? try not to and look for you session...what you have to do:

-Reboot

-Start SB-relay

-Start FS

-Open MP session

-click in IP-addres bar once..then click search, the SBRELAY session will now appear, change your callsign as you wish and choose join.

- Then start your flight (I noticed if I load addon planes or load in addon scenery the chance of SB crashing is much higher then when default on Seatlle)

- Start SBHOST

- Go to desktop (alt+esc)

- Start your sqauwkbox main program

- Fill in the stuff and click fly

Does it work now? if you can you make a screenshot of the error you encounter if SBRELAY crashes.

Greetz Evert!

3.png

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted
trying to connect to 127.1.1.0 (SBRELAY)

The correct address to you local computer (SBRELAY) is 127.0.0.1

/ Lennart Vedin / vedinat.png910701.png

Hunter Smith 908387
Posted
Posted

nothings working... how do you send pics, I took pics of all the problems thanks

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

I guess you've look everything on Troubleshooting at http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?p=2262#2262

Double check PRC VATSIM Software Setup, the Troubleshooting, add some more info about your computer-system and step-by-step how you do and is anything indicating where it go wrong, you just don't see traffic, do you check your and other airplanes position at Vatsim Visual Display, do you see available ATC in SB Directory ???

Pics see: http://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?t=322 , you need an internet server (such as web-server) available for that where the pic is located, you can't post pics to the forum, just link to pics.

Hunter Smith 908387
Posted
Posted

Hello, what i do is

-start SB relay

-Start FS9

-hook up MP session

-modules-host SB or something like that and a box appears

-double click the main SB program

-type in N9575W and 127.0.0.1 and select OK

-Then the error shows up...Sorry but we have to close program...if i could post pictures an easy way i would post it...then you can send the proplem to Microsoft.

-I was wondering how to do the other way...start SB Host or something...and with FS in a window...Could anybody post detailed instructions on how to log on that way. I once tryed it out and got connected but forgot how correctly...when i did get connected I couldnt see traffic because i didnt know the right way to connect to mulitplayer. I hope this isnt confusing. Thanks for all the help!

Lennart Vedin
Posted
Posted

> -modules-host SB or something like that and a box appears

You should not try this in FS menu -> modules -> "Host SB", this is the HostSB.dll that may cause typical crash anytime and anywhere in any of the applications.

Nevertheless HostSB.dll works for most people and it's for them.

Instead locate the application "SB Host.exe" at your harddisk, and run this instead of FS menu -> modules -> "Host SB" (or something, I've no FS in front of me).

The file "SB Host.exe" is included in your downloaded Squawkbox software. There is no other difference to use "SB Host.exe".

Use Windows "Search for Files" if you cant find it (type exactly "SB Host.exe" include type the space). When you find it in Windows "Search for Files", drag it directly to Start-button or some place so you get a short-cut to "SB Host.exe".

> Sorry but we have to close program...if i could post pictures an easy way i would post it..

At least for me, it doesn't help what's there, those info is most for the specific developers. Just that Windows detect a crach is all need to know.

Jeremy Jeffreys 812733
Posted
Posted

One other thing you might check is to make sure that you have the FSUIPC code for squawk box pluged in to FSUIPC, if you are not using the registered version.

Jeremy

Opteron 165 @ 2700mhz

DFI NF3 Ultra w/ 1gb OCZ 3500

Powercolor HD3850 512mb AGP @ 776/900

Windows XP

FS9.1/FSX Acceleration

CH Yoke/Rudder Pedals, Saitek X-45 Throttle

Evert Zandbergen 848202
Posted
Posted

-double click the main SB program

-type in N9575W and 127.0.0.1 and select OK

At the double click on the main programs...do you then follow the steps of entering your name and search a session?

And entering N9575W is in SB-main program or in FS?

3.png

Hunter Smith 908387
Posted
Posted

Yay, I got it working, thanks to all of yall!

Trony Tigno
Posted
Posted

What was the solution?