You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

727 Equipped With CIVA INS Equipment Suffix?

Maverick Lint 1456501

Maverick Lint 1456501
Posted
Posted

Hello I am curious what would i set as equipment suffix, some specifics are i have RNAV capabilities and understand that part how would i go about the CIVA, i just want to know how that would cl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ify in the equipment suffix, i put a note in my remarks about it except is there is a proper instrument code for it?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Most that I've seen flying the vintage airliners aee using /W as NON-RNAV with RVSM. Even though you do technically have some RNAV capability, from what I know about it (never used one myself -- yet) you aren't able to load SIDs and STARs nor RNAV approaches into it without keying in all the points individually, meaning that considering it RNAV-capable might be a bit tricky working with controllers.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Maverick Lint 1456501
Posted
Posted
Most that I've seen flying the vintage airliners aee using /W as NON-RNAV with RVSM. Even though you do technically have some RNAV capability, from what I know about it (never used one myself -- yet) you aren't able to load SIDs and STARs nor RNAV approaches into it without keying in all the points individually, meaning that considering it RNAV-capable might be a bit tricky working with controllers.

Yep About as a good as I could put it myself, Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...
Dhruv Kalra
Posted
Posted

/I is valid only below RVSM airspace. Since there isn’t a “basic RNAV + RVSM” suffix, use /W and throw “CIVA INS NO RNAV SID/STAR” in your remarks.

Dhruv Kalra

VATUSA ZMP ATM | Instructor | VATSIM Network Supervisor

878508.png878508.png