You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Voice keeps disconnecting with no warning

Federico Handl

Federico Handl
Posted
Posted

I'm having this issue which is becoming increasingly frustrating. Every now and then, I lose the ability to transmit and receive audio. No warning is given. After a few minutes, I lose the ability to send and receive text messages, again with no warning. Some minutes later (around 5-10 minutes after I lose audio), planes begin to disappear and I am disconnected. On my most recent flight, this was happening every 20 seconds, although I was able to fly without a problem for up to an hour during one flight. It seems to be particularly bad right after departure from and on approach to airports. I've looked everywhere for answers and all I could find is this post (https://forums.vatsim.net/viewtopic.php?f=157&t=80444) but it seems no one knows what the problem is... I have tried using different servers but all resulted in the same issue and my internet connection shouldn't be the problem since I'm able to watch YouTube videos without a problem while I'm being disconnected. Is there anything I can do to be able to fly on Vatsim in the meantime?

Federico Handl

VATéir Operations Director
VATéir Controller Plugin Developer

Maverick Lint 1456501
Posted
Posted

make sure you have connection over 17fps im pretty sure latest updates disconnect you if you have too low FPS automatically

Federico Handl
Posted
Posted
make sure you have connection over 17fps im pretty sure latest updates disconnect you if you have too low FPS automatically

My FPS rarely goes under 20 unless at a place with a lot of scenery like EGLL. The last time this happened to me I was averaging around 35fps and it kept disconnecting as frequently as 10 to 20 seconds. I'm having to constantly listen to an ATIS frequency to find out once I've lost connection since I'm receiving no warnings

Federico Handl

VATéir Operations Director
VATéir Controller Plugin Developer