You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Squarkbox

Harley Chambers 1432064

Harley Chambers 1432064
Posted
Posted

I use squarkbox to connect to vatsim and noticed everyone seems to be using text as a way of getting clearance yet when I see youtubers doing it they are using voice, and what I gathered it all connects to the same place anyway so how do I hear people using voice communication to get clearance, or is the voice turned into text and I need to just some settings.

Thanks

Plugins I use

Better Pushback||Terrain Radar||FlyWithLua||XChecklist||ZIBO MOD||AVITab||Ground Handling Deluxe||XSquawkbox||

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hello Harley,

I [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume that you are using xSquawkbox (squawk like a parrot) with X-Plane.

Whether you want to use text or voice to communicate with controllers is completely up to you. It is, however, highly encouraged to use voice at all times or at least as much as possible as this will provide you with the best immersion into the simulation and ease the workload on the controllers.

Harley Chambers 1432064
Posted
Posted

Yes I would like to start to use voice but no one seems to be using it, or is the voice converted into text as that's what everyone seems to be using.

Plugins I use

Better Pushback||Terrain Radar||FlyWithLua||XChecklist||ZIBO MOD||AVITab||Ground Handling Deluxe||XSquawkbox||

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted

To start with you need to make sure your radios are tuned into the right frequency (a controller's frequency or UNICOM) and make sure your radios are turned on in your aircraft. Another thing you might want to check is that your output device is correctly selected in your pilot client. Also, AFAIK xsquawkbox doesn't do TTS.

Cheers,

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller

Mike Sweeney
Posted
Posted

"using text as a way of getting clearance"

... could this be referring to PDC?

Mike / 811317
rz0u.png

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Looks to me more like he's using a non-updated XSquawkBox version. With the bew voice system you will need to use XSquawkbox's latest veta version (available on their site) or download another program just for voice (available at audio.vatsim.net)

Me.

Joshua Jenkins
Posted
Posted
What is "TTS" ?

Text-to-speech

Josh Jenkins

CZVR I1 controller