You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

AVSIM Convention

Michael Bevington 814931

Michael Bevington 814931
Posted
Posted

I will be attending the AVSIM Convention again this year. It starts on the 15th of this month in Washington DC. I see that the Washington ARTCC is controlling a fly-in from the floor of the convention on Saturday and I look forward to meeting that team. Anyone else planning to attend?

Mike Bevington

http://vatsim.net/prc

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
I will be attending the AVSIM Convention again this year. It starts on the 15th of this month in Washington DC. I see that the Washington ARTCC is controlling a fly-in from the floor of the convention on Saturday and I look forward to meeting that team. Anyone else planning to attend?

I am flying into DC on the 10th and i was thinking about it... Do I have to register in order gain entrance?

Michael Bevington 814931
Posted
Posted

Ben, you can get details about their convention at the avsim.net web site. Look for a link on top of the home page.

Mike Bevington

http://vatsim.net/prc

John Binner
Posted
Posted

night-time events such as the dinner and the Fri night social are now closed for pre-registration. However you can attend the day events and can register for those at the door.

I along with many from the AVSIM staff will be there as well. If ANYONE has further questions, check out the links on avsim.com or if you prefer email I am more then happy to answer questions at jbinner @ avsim.com (remove the spaces there of course.)

It's going to be our biggest show EVER. We have over 20 vendors signed and paid for with a booth, various others walking the floor, and our keynotes from Microsoft. AOPA and Embry Riddle are also going to be there along with a who's-who from the industry! You DO NOT want to miss this one! And yes, for those that remember Denver we have more attendees then even that show did!

One week away, cant wait to see everyone there!

P.S. I'm arriving Thursday afternoon next week, I'll be the Jeep Cherokee parked out front unloading about 1,000Lbs. of hardware. lol

John Binner,

System Specs:

MB: ASUS M5A99FX

CPU: AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 125W AM3+ Eight-Core 4.0GHz

Video: Nvdia 970

Memory: 16GB DDR3

Win10 Pro 64-Bit

P3D v4, PMDG, ActiveSky, GEX, etc.

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted

Yeah I will be there...

do we know where the IAD guys will be set up?

John Binner
Posted
Posted

somewhere on the floor.

John Binner,

System Specs:

Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
somewhere on the floor.

Wanna give me vectors? I will be without charts, LOL

John Binner
Posted
Posted

like the new DAFIF, unable. lol Seriously, we don't really have a floor map, but they should be kinda easy to find....8 guys wearing headsets, sweating a couple hundred planes...etc.

John Binner,

System Specs:

Win10 Pro 64-Bit

Ben Zwebner 906832
Posted
Posted
like the new DAFIF, unable. lol Seriously, we don't really have a floor map, but they should be kinda easy to find....8 guys wearing headsets, sweating a couple hundred planes...etc.

Ok, so I will do some "dead reckoning", LOL

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted

find the vRadar and follow the vWire to the vTRACON and then you find the vZDC guys!

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.