You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

2 (two) PTT buttons with 2 Yokes & Flightsound intercom

Stephan Buchmann

Stephan Buchmann
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Is there a good way to connect 2 PTT buttons to xPilot?

I have a dual Yoke and would like to not connect/solder the wires together if possible.

Anybody using Flightsound devices with xPilot?

Thx Stephan

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Instead of mapping your PTT through xPilot, you can use the X-Plane keyboard and joystick binding system. If your not familiar, you can read more on it here: https://www.x-plane.com/manuals/desktop/index.html#configuringkeyboardshortcuts

In the keyboard bindings, find xPilot PTT and set it to a keyboard key or joystick button of your first joystick. Then in your joystick settings, you can map the same PTT command to your second joystick.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 1 month later...
Stephan Buchmann
Posted
Posted

Many thanks,

natural solution, well designed. Should have found that myself. Sorry.

Stephan

Pat Fuge
Posted
Posted

Using the X-Pilot PTT feature for two separate buttons Which are on separate PFC ( Precision Flight Controls) yokes Sounds encouraging. I’ll try it today. I’m not sure if this is the thread to ask how to get separate yokes pitch & roll or rudder pedals with yaw & differential braking pots to work in X-Plane. Prepar3D had this dual yoke capability functional. Any ideas Justin or I’ll look on another thread.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Using the X-Pilot PTT feature for two separate buttons Which are on separate PFC ( Precision Flight Controls) yokes Sounds encouraging. I’ll try it today. I’m not sure if this is the thread to ask how to get separate yokes pitch & roll or rudder pedals with yaw & differential braking pots to work in X-Plane. Prepar3D had this dual yoke capability functional. Any ideas Justin or I’ll look on another thread.

I can’t offer any help with that, sorry.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS