You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

x-pilot previous versions

Alexandr Stolyarenko 13359

Alexandr Stolyarenko 13359
Posted
Posted

Hi, are there any link available for previous version x-pilot. Not happy with latest update, because ones my fps drops below 20 I'm out of network, and you removed PTT button ajastment from settings, it is really uncomfortable now.

Thanks!

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

I actually came here to ask this too. I understand the 20fps thing but I get a solid just above 20fps and is still getting disconnected, so are a few of my mates. The in sim message spam is also incredibly annoying and a bit confused as to why the audio system was also moved in sim. would appreciate if an exe could be provided to roll back.

Martin Hansen
Posted
Posted

I am getting 22fps and I am being disconnected, its incredibly frustrating to think that you might be disconnected at any time, I suggest u remove this feature or make a setting where we can switch this off.

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

Yeah - quick update to this I am currently getting a stable 22-25 FPS and cannot stay on vatsim for more than a minute due to this new feature. Would really appreciate the option to turn this off - could possibly be on by default though?

Daniel Dezulier
Posted
Posted

Yes this 1.1.8.0 is boring and the check itself causes the CPU consumption and the FPS drop down it is supposed to monitor.

A well known sentence on science which remind that measurement equipment often alters the measure itself ! Proven once again !

Justin Reed
Posted
Posted

I wasn't having any issues at all yesterday. Got updated today, and kicked of VATSIM with FPS above 20......

Justin Reed

EGTE

CAT6SIG.jpg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Gents, I understand your frustration, but please take the time to properly reconfigure your sim, even if that means dropping your rendering settings down a notch or two. You are getting disconnected because X-Plane is have trouble running in real time with your current rendering options.

As for the PTT change, I’m not sure how moving it into X-Plane is “uncomfortable” or “annoying”?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Justin Reed
Posted
Posted

My rendering settings are fine, my framerates are fine. The software checking framerates isn't working correctly, and disconnecting good, solid connections

Justin Reed

EGTE

CAT6SIG.jpg

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

i want last version back how i find it?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

As I've said previously, there is no way to revert back to a previous version.

If you're getting disconnected, it's because you're rendering options are too high for your hardware. I would suggest you install a frame rate adjustment tool, such as 3jFPS, which automatically adjusts your rendering options to maintain an appropriate frame rate.

Bruno Koch
Posted
Posted

I'm having issues with the FPS disconnect too. I get that flying with Ortho4XP over heavily populated areas at night would be a problem, but I'm getting disconnected at 20-25 FPS while on the ground as well. I can't even use anything but the outside camera view on the FF 767, so no more instrument monitoring for me I guess.

I changed the settings to be less CPU intensive but it doesn't seem to have improved much. I get the 20-something second ultimatum as soon as I get back to the cockpit, every time.

As for PTT, I can't get X-Plane to accept left Ctrl as the key, but that might be a problem on my end.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

As for PTT, I can't get X-Plane to accept left Ctrl as the key, but that might be a problem on my end.

X-Plane might be limited to which keyboard keys it can accept for keyboard shortcut bindings.

Bruno Koch
Posted
Posted

X-Plane might be limited to which keyboard keys it can accept for keyboard shortcut bindings.

That does seem to be the case, but at least I can use a joystick button as the PTT key now, so it's no biggie.

Regarding the FPS issue, I think Ortho4XP is the most likely culprit on my end, since I noticed all frame rate warnings stopped when I reached a less detailed area, so I'll try tuning it down. Can't say that would work with everyone who's reporting this issue, but it's worth a shot.

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

As I said earlier, I completely understand this new method, but I should not be being disconnected every 30 seconds with a solid 25FPS. Unable to use VATSIM now thanks to this update.

Timothy Wittenstein 130148
Posted
Posted

Please get rid of the fps limiter!! I went under 20 fps for a few seconds while also getting 40 frames within the same time period and still getting kicked off.