You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Version 1.1.8.0.

Andrey Belgorodtsev 139418

Andrey Belgorodtsev 139418
Posted
Posted (edited)

The FPS drops below 20. 1 sec. Will you be disconnected? This is normal? VATSIM Standards? Messages and mesages on screen.

Edited by Guest

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Small frame rate drops that only last for a very short period do not trigger disconnects. Only drops where the frame rate remains below 20fps for a sustained period will trigger a disconnect.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

David Slogsnat
Posted
Posted

I find the disconnect reasonable IN GENERAL, as the reason was explained here in the forum: the physical model doesn't run in real time below 20fps.

BUT:

I got disconnected several times in todays flight during final approach, because average framerate was somewhere between 19 and 22fps due to weather and scenery. I found this pretty harsh - i just didn't know about the <20fps problem before, and i think the same is true for many other simmers. And usually , my fps is >30. Of course i changed my settings after the flight so that this hopefully doesn't happen any more. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee for fps, and this is really annoying.