You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Sean McCormack

Sean McCormack
Posted
Posted

Hi Justin,

I write this as constructive feedback and not criticism on the latest 1.1.8.0 patch.

There are a great number of us that not only fly in VR but also stream while we fly. This requires us to use other progreams (viewers) such as Oculus Mirror to display a proper view for people watching. This viewer is the active (in view) window and worked brilliantly when PTT bindings were in the xPilot application. Since the move of PTT into X-Plane, it has now created a situation whereby VR pilots can no longer stream and fly on Vatsim with a working PTT (due to the need to keep XP as the active window, thus on top of the viewer).

I don't have an issue with the disconnect with <20 fps, as a controller I greatly appreciate it (and thanks!) but could there be any option in xPilot itself to give us a the choice of [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igning either a keybinding either in XP (through key/joystick bindings) or the Application (like previously), a toggle option?

I write this post awfully worried that I will need to leave xPilot and return to another far more complex client.

Cheers

Sean.

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00

Sam Middleton 1442762
Posted
Posted

Completely agree with this! And please a way to turn off the in sim messages. In the ToLiss it freezes when transitioning back in to the cockpit for about half a second or less - causing tons of 'disconnecting in ...' messages.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll restore the PTT configuration in the next update (expect it within the next few days).

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Sean McCormack
Posted
Posted
Thanks for the feedback. I’ll restore the PTT configuration in the next update (expect it within the next few days).

Fantastic! thanks very much Justin, a great many of us are very thankful

Sean McCormack | Virgin Australia | i7 8700K @ 5.2Ghz | Asus Maximus XI | G.Skill RIPJAWS 32GB DDR4 3200MHZ | Asus STRIX-GTX1080Ti | 2 x Samsung 850 EVO SSD RAID 0 | Corsair HX1000i  | Win 10 64bit | HTC Vive, HMD Odyssey, Oculus Rift-S and Pimax 5k+ | Twitch twitch.tv/djsean00 | Youtube youtube.com/djsean00