You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Losing voice input after a while

Bogdan Serban

Bogdan Serban
Posted
Posted

Greetings,

I'm using xpilot with a microphone connected to an USB audio interface. The interface has two inputs show by default in Windows (1-2 and 3-4). The problem is that I randomly lose the mic input. I can see that the interface works properly (it receives the microphone audio and p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]es it to Windows), but if I go to the audio settings in xpilot, there's no input (the level indicator shows nothing).

The odd thing is that if I switch from 1-2 to 3-4 and back, xpilot now receives the input again. During the time that no input is received, everything on the hardware and Windows side works properly (I can see activity in Windows Sounds for that input).

David Slogsnat
Posted
Posted

I have a related problem on my side. I use a USB Headset. Often, when I start up xpilot and xplane, i cannot use the microphone from the very beginning (same thing as described in the original post: in the xpilot settings, I don't see the bar moving, although the correct device is set). It helps to unplug-and replug the USB headset, however only sometimes.

I have ordered a different headset with normal audio jack, let's see if that works better.