You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.9.0 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.9.0 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• Significant tweaks to the frame rate logic. Special thanks to Chris Collins and the rest of the XSB team for their [Mod - Happy Thoughts]istance on this.
  • PTT configuration has been added back into the xPilot client. You can still set your PTT using the X-Plane keyboard/joystick bindings if you prefer.
  • The xPilot Toggle has been brought back into the client and the command has been removed from the X-Plane bindings.
  • The transparent radio messages area has been replaced with a GUI window (similar to the settings and who's online list). More information on this below.

New Radio Message Window

• The new radio messages window replaces the old transparent radio messages window. The new GUI window allows you to move it around the screen and even move it to external window outside of the simulator.
  • The new window allows you to respond to radio messages inside the simulator. This functionality is currently very limited and only allows you to send messages on the frequency you are transmitting on. It does not (currently) support the ability to read or respond to private messages.
  • The command line currently only supports one dot command: .clear will remove all messages from the window.
  • You can bind a keyboard and/or joystick command to quickly toggle the visibility of the radio message window. There are certain system messages that will force the display of the window (these include, but are not limited to plugin startup notifications, xPilot client connection message, low frame rate notifications, network disconnect, new private message alert).

rL4iTIj.png

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

------------------

I want to thank everyone for their patience while all the kinks are worked out. It's been a rough couple of days, but I hope the changes made in this version will help to resolve the issues plagued in the previous release.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Ken Pryor
Posted
Posted

I haven't tried it yet, but had a question. Does that message window stay open all the time? I really wouldn't want it in my cockpit at all times and I don't have a second monitor to move it to.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
I haven't tried it yet, but had a question. Does that message window stay open all the time? I really wouldn't want it in my cockpit at all times and I don't have a second monitor to move it to.

The window can closed using the red circle button on the top left of the window. You can also setup a keyboard key binding to quickly toggle the display of the window.

Ken Pryor
Posted
Posted

Ok, thanks!

Collin Koldoff
Posted
Posted

Is there any way to disable this window? I have 3 monitors and one of them has the xpilot window open almost always. I don't like having the new message box popup and me have to close it a bunch of times in flight. I would prefer to go back to the old notification bar and be able to view these messages on the main xpilot window. Would this be possible to do in the future maybe as an option in settings?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Is there any way to disable this window? I have 3 monitors and one of them has the xpilot window open almost always. I don't like having the new message box popup and me have to close it a bunch of times in flight. I would prefer to go back to the old notification bar and be able to view these messages on the main xpilot window. Would this be possible to do in the future maybe as an option in settings?

As a workaround you can click the icon that looks like two squares at the top right of the window to move it outside of the sim.

Collin Koldoff
Posted
Posted

Are there plans to change it to allow the disability of that window and put all messages on the main client?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Are there plans to change it to allow the disability of that window and put all messages on the main client?

The best you’re going to get is what I changed in 1.1.9.1.

David DeLong 1325216
Posted
Posted

My apologies, if I am beating a dead horse. I've received and installed the 1.1.9 update. I like the new features, and the window, while a bit annoying, is easily moved to behind the Full Screen or Windowed Sim screen . Thanks for your hard work.

I do wish to let you know that even with the new updated software, I am still experiencing a 5 to 18 FPS drop whenever I connect to Vatsim using xPilot. The client disconnects me constantly, still.

I've lowered my Video settings, to an unbearable ugly sim screen.

I use:

PlUGINS:

X-Economy, FlyWithLua(Landing, Ice and FPS scripts), Avitab, Terrain radar, X-Plane ATIS

ADD-ONS:

alpilotx's uhd or hd mesh, ActiveSky for XP

CPU Settings:

Number of items: med, reflections to minimal,

GPU settings:

High(HDR),

Medium Texture(1339MB),

AA-NONE.

PC specs:

AMD A-10 6800K (4.1 GHZ Overclocked to 4.2 GHZ)

21 GB of DDR3 1866MHZ Ram

Gigabyte, GTX 1070ti with 8GB of VRAM

Spectre, 27 inch, 75MHZ monitor.

OS is Windows 10 on a Sandisk 500GB SSD,

scenery files and mesh are located on a Toshiba, 240GB SSD.

Rewarding me with GPU times of 0.0015's to 0.0038's. My CPU times before connecting are in the .02- .03 range, and after, they rise up to .04-.06 range. The average FPS is in the 28-52 FPS, before connecting and after connecting, drop down to 18-24 FPS.

I had no issue whatsoever with xPilot, prior to this whole mandate, and had 'dialed in' my settings for a great 30-50 FPS.

Just reporting that there is an issue, still for me. I'm aware that you can't fix a problem if you don't know it's there!

Yet still hoping to continue to use xpilot for my Vatsim connections, and retain the fantastic Scenery I've spent so much time collecting. And of course, wishing to avoid, the " well then simply fly offline all the time if your system can't handle it" scenario. I am also aware that the other sim clients will be required by Vatsim to on go similar programming changes to be compatible, and am glad to see xpilot leading the way in this NEW frontier.

Vincenzo Rimola
Posted
Posted

Hi is this the death of vatsim?

I have not a good pc but i enjoy vatsim.

With new release, i can't fly.

during 5 minutes I had 50 disconnections.

I think is not good. It's ok for those who have a good pc but for the others?

Now I try to comeback to 1.1.7 and please let this release active.

I think that are more the people who hasn't a good pc and all must be the opportunity to join vatsim.

Ken Pryor
Posted
Posted

Did you update from 1.1.9.0 to 1.1.9.1? That cured a lot of things people were having problems with from my understanding.

Vincenzo Rimola
Posted
Posted
Did you update from 1.1.9.0 to 1.1.9.1? That cured a lot of things people were having problems with from my understanding.

i updated yesterday. i think 1.1.9.1

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Hi is this the death of vatsim?

I have not a good pc but i enjoy vatsim.

With new release, i can't fly.

during 5 minutes I had 50 disconnections.

I think is not good. It's ok for those who have a good pc but for the others?

Now I try to comeback to 1.1.7 and please let this release active.

I think that are more the people who hasn't a good pc and all must be the opportunity to join vatsim.

see response on viewtopic.php?f=157&t=80941

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png