You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot beta update 1.1.9.1 now available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Version 1.1.9.1 of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client.

The following items were added or fixed in this version:

• A new option has been added to the xPilot Settings (within X-Plane) that allows high priority radio messages/alerts to open the Radio Messages window.
    High priority messages/alerts include, but are not limited to, network disconnect notification, new private message notification and low frame rate warnings. This option is disabled by default.
  • Frame rate notifications are now displayed in a transparent box at the top of the simulator window instead of opening the Radio Messages window. Note: if you have the "high priority messages" option enabled, the window will also open with the frame rate warning message.

It is important that you close X-Plane before installing the update, otherwise the X-Plane plugin cannot be properly updated.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Vincenzo Rimola
Posted
Posted

Hi is this the death of vatsim?

I have not a good pc but i enjoy vatsim.

With new release, i can't fly.

during 5 minutes I had 50 disconnections.

I think is not good. It's ok for those who have a good pc but for the others?

Now I try to comeback to 1.1.7 and please let this release active.

I think that are more the people who hasn't a good pc and all must be the opportunity to join vatsim.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
Hi is this the death of vatsim?

I have not a good pc but i enjoy vatsim.

With new release, i can't fly.

during 5 minutes I had 50 disconnections.

I think is not good. It's ok for those who have a good pc but for the others?

Now I try to comeback to 1.1.7 and please let this release active.

I think that are more the people who hasn't a good pc and all must be the opportunity to join vatsim.

In X-Plane, when you're below 20fps, you're not flying at 100% sim rate. This is built into X-Plane's algorithms for calculating their flight dynamics model and there's no way to change it. Read more here: https://developer.x-plane.com/2017/10/x-plane-11-10-beta-5-ding-dong-the-fps-nag-is-gone-mostly/ -- while the situation isn't wonderful for those of us operating on tight budgets, that's our own problem, not everyone else's. X-Plane simply wasn't designed to be run at low FPS, particularly on a multiplayer network.

This is extremely disruptive to other pilots, and particularly to Air Traffic Controllers, on the network. Pretty soon, ALL approved X-Plane clients will enforce this. XSquawkbox 2.0+ and xPilot 1.1.9+ already do, and Swift is soon to follow suit.

Your options are:

(1) upgrade hardware. Obviously, this isn't possible for everyone.

(2) reduce X-Plane rendering settings. This may include use of LUA scripts which automatically and dynamically adjust rendering settings based on the situation. Google "3jFPS Wizard", "AutoLOD", and others.

(3) fly using less CPU-intense software. XP10 may be an option. FSX should be (a) relatively inexpensive to procure, (b) very easy on CPU when compared to X-Plane, and © able to run at low FPS without messing with sim rate.

Honorable mention:

(4) wait for X-Plane 11.5+, which will switch from OpenGL to Vulkan as a 3D graphics engine, and purportedly will be less CPU-intensive on most machines.

(5) some combination of the above.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Daniel Dezulier
Posted
Posted

While checking xPilot 1.1.9.1, 3jFPS.lua and CheckFPS.lua with and average speed rate of 53 and a rate of low rate of 1/1000, I observed a warning -not a disconnection- during tile loading.

By the way I do not see the transparent windows with frame rate.

Where it is supposed to be ?

My script record automatically lasting drops <20FPS for 30 s and count them.

xPilot warned me for a one minute lasting 19:14:36 - 19:15:39 which hasn't been detected.

So there is a discrepancy between xPilot detection, and Check_FPS.lua detection.

To find out I modified the script, allowing to increase/decrease the duration of observation of low FPS <20FPS .

I go on checking until I can deliver an consistent answer to this mismatch.

Andrew Menshenin 1167442
Posted
Posted

Hello!

Thanks for the nice voice options and update.

I wanted to ask about my issues with X-Pilot, which I encountered in one of the previous versions (1.1.7). All online traffic is without a landing gear while on the ground, means aircraft just hover at several meters over the ground without visible landing gears. I didn't have this issue before but encountered it recently. I tried both: Blue Bell package and official X-CSL package. However, the problem is still there.

Have you heard about this issue? Was it considered in this update or will it be fixed in future updates?

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You have another pilot client folder in Resources/plugins, or some other AI traffic module in there. Remove it (drag it out to the desktop or whatever) and you should see all animations working fine.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Leon Wegner 1246445
Posted
Posted

Hey guys,

since I updated to 1.1.9.1 my X-Plane 11 is conctantly crashing to desktop. This happens already in the start process after I was choosing an aircraft and wait to load the aircraft. In my logfile it is written: --=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

Does someone know what I can do? I already reinstalled xPilot and the CSL files..

Best regards

Leon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Hey guys,

since I updated to 1.1.9.1 my X-Plane 11 is conctantly crashing to desktop. This happens already in the start process after I was choosing an aircraft and wait to load the aircraft. In my logfile it is written: --=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--

Does someone know what I can do? I already reinstalled xPilot and the CSL files..

Best regards

Leon

Please post the entire log file contents after the crash occurs.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Leon Wegner 1246445
Posted
Posted
Hey guys,

Best regards

Leon

Please post the entire log file contents after the crash occurs.

Sure thing also I know that there are no CSL files atm. I removed then to see if the error still occures and it does...

Here is the complete Log: https://pastebin.com/tgaxDkVi

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

You have xSwiftBus in there too. Only one Pilot Client should be installed at a time. AI Traffic plugins cause conflicts as well. Take the folder for xSwiftBus out of /Resources/plugins and move it somewhere else.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Leon Wegner 1246445
Posted
Posted
You have xSwiftBus in there too. Only one Pilot Client should be installed at a time. AI Traffic plugins cause conflicts as well. Take the folder for xSwiftBus out of /Resources/plugins and move it somewhere else.

Thanks for the insight. I will take a look and let you know, if that works

Regards

Leon

Leon Wegner 1246445
Posted
Posted

Looks like that the issue is gone now, since I removed the xSwiftBus.

Keep you updated, when the error occurs again.

Regards

Leon