You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

PTT on xpilot.

Giles Ridyard 1441461

Giles Ridyard 1441461
Posted
Posted

Hi everyone,

I'm really struggling to make my PTT work with X-pilot., I have just moved over from sqwarkbox!

I'm using a Saitek yoke and cant seem to configure the 'left index finger button' to work as a PTT either through X-pilot itself or through X-Plane joystick configuration. HELP!!

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

First -- you might get a better response posting in the xPilot forum; "Members Helping Members" --> "Pilot Software" --> "xPilot". (Don't be surprised if a moderator moves this post there, in fact.)

Second -- try ensuring that all switches are in the "off" positions. If I recall correctly, sometimes those switches being "on" registers the same as a button being constantly pressed, which might be interfering with the PTT [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment. xPilot is supposed to have logic in the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment process code to catch things like that, but, maybe this is one that is eluding it.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Second -- try ensuring that all switches are in the "off" positions. If I recall correctly, sometimes those switches being "on" registers the same as a button being constantly pressed, which might be interfering with the PTT [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment. xPilot is supposed to have logic in the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ignment process code to catch things like that, but, maybe this is one that is eluding it.

Correct. When xPilot initializes a PTT device, if it sees a button as being constantly in the"on" state, it will ignore the button and won't let you set it as PTT button.

You also mentioned that you are also unable to bind it through X-Plane; are you sure it isn't a hardware related issue (i.e. can you confirm that the button actually works)?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS