You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Wideview/Widetraffic problem ?

Christian Delisle

Christian Delisle
Posted
Posted

Hi to all,

I don't know if this is a problem with Wideview / Widetraffic and / or vPilot. When my plane is on the ground and there is traffic, even if the other planes are parked, they move but only in the external view or on the client pc.

On the main pc, the one for the instruments, the planes are correctly positioned and stable.

This problem seems to occur only on the ground, the planes in flight are correctly displayed on the 2 pc's.

Thanks

Christian

Christian Delisle

VATSIM 814640

JZA33761

WJA3761

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

I'm not sure what you mean because you are saying "even if the other planes are parked, they move". I'm confused because parked planes shouldn't move. Can you restate the issue?

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Christian Delisle
Posted
Posted

Hello,

Ok I'll try to be more specific ...

I use 2 pc in network, 1 for the instruments and the other for the exterior view. The problem occurs on the external view pc.

Example: I stopped on a taxiway and I saw a parked plane, on the main computer, the plane was stopped and everything was OK. On the other hand on the pc of the external view, this plane advances and disappears, it reappears and shifts again. It happens repeatedly and suddenly the plane is displayed correctly. It is as if Widetraffic had difficulty identifying the position of the aircraft for a while.

This seems to correct when I approach another plane. As I said, the problem does not occur for the planes I see in flight.

I hope it's a little clearer.

Thank you

Christian

Christian Delisle

VATSIM 814640

JZA33761

WJA3761

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Which computer is running the simulator and which computer is running vPilot?

Christian Delisle
Posted
Posted

Hi,

the 2 Pc's are running FSX but vPilot is running only on the main pc (widetraffic server pc)

Christian

Christian Delisle

VATSIM 814640

JZA33761

WJA3761

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

If the aircraft behave properly on the widetraffic server machine (the one running vPilot), I have to [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ume this is a wideview problem. I can't think of any reason why it would only occur with aircraft on the ground, either.

Christian Delisle
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Ok thanks for help.

Christian

Christian Delisle

VATSIM 814640

JZA33761

WJA3761