You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Unable to tune or receive Vatsim ATIS using xPilot

Don Jones

Don Jones
Posted
Posted

Very strange. For the last couple of days I've been unable to hear voice ATIS but all other frequencies work fine. Today I noticed that the reason might be that I'm unable to tune the exact frequency of the ATIS. eg: At EGKK today the ATIS frequency was 136.520 on VatSpy but I noticed that it would only allow me to tune 136.515 or 136.525. It was as if 136.520 didn't exist except that every other frequency could be dialled in increments of xxx.005. I thought it might be a conflict with ActiveSkies XP but the same thing happened without it loaded. Anyone else experience this problem? It all worked fine until a few days ago?

I've tried various aircraft and removed all addons but still the same problem. I do however hear the xPlane ATIS if I select "Enable Default ATIS" in the xPilot pull down menu but not the Vatsim ATIS controllers transmission.

Any help appreciated.

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

Don't worry if you can't hear the ATISs, the ATIS Server is probably the most unstable part of AFV and it crashes every now and then. I believe it was restarted yesterday evening. Wanna give it a try?

Me.

Don Jones
Posted
Posted

Trouble was that everyone else could receive the ATIS except me. I've downloaded an addon that turns on / off the X-Plane weather & ATIS injection and everything's working fine now. I don't know whether that's just a coincidence but at least it's now working fine.