You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

No audio transmission (but connected)

Jason Fearing

Jason Fearing
Posted
Posted

• Windows 10 Professional - 1909 with all available updates

• X-Plane 11.41 - Steam

• xPilot 1.1.9.1

I continue to have ongoing issues with the transmission of audio if I have not transmitted for an hour or so. Last night while flying in EKVG (AAY2020) I attempted to notify on voice unicom of my arrival intentions to departing traffic but the other pilot never heard me. I however, could hear him.

It was until I disconnected an reconnected (did not restart the client) that I was able to transmit. During the initial failed transmission the client showed successful transmission (TX illumination). I was on Discord voice and streaming on Twitch with no other voice transmission issues at the same time.

This is also not the first (or second) time this has happened. The only consistency I've been able to observe is that if I go past about an hour without transmitting on frequency it fails to transmit, unless I disconnect and reconnect.

Anyone else with this issue? Known issue that I'm missing somewhere? I'm prepared to set an alarm for every 45-50 minutes to just disconnect and reconnect but I'm not a big fan of doing that, especially if I'm participating in a busy event.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

I do have occasional issues where the voice server disconnects without a warning message in the pilot client -- and I remain connected to the FSD (position and text comms) server. However, unlike you, when that happens I lose the ability to transmit AND I no longer receive, either. I only know to check when I realize I haven't heard anything in a while, and click the PTT a couple times to note that the client TX light fails to light. I then disconnect and reconnect, and all is well.

I haven't had an instance where I can still receive but the TX stops working. I also have not noted any pattern to this -- some nights it's a few times during the flight and some nights it doesn't happen at all.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png