You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-Pilot issues on Eursocope

Kyprianos Biris

Kyprianos Biris
Posted
Posted

Is it only me or are other colleagues on Euroscope observing issues with X-Pilot client ?

I see the following quite often with X-Pilot (which I know because I ask the pilots on which client they are).

On sending the "Contact Me" command, they receive PRIVATE CHAT text but do not manage to tune in my VHF frequency on TEXT. I communicate with them on Text on VHF frequency and they do not receive it while still responding via the original private chat window like "but I tuned in your frequency, I do not receive you".

2. Some say that they have changed their squawk to the [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned squawk on first contact but I do not see the change.

I ask them again to make sure and they confirm they have set their squawk properly.

The above happen in ~20% of the traffic I get in X-Plane flyers. The rest are ok in communications.

I do not go too much in asking further questions on hardware/software to avoid ruining their simulation (immersion) experience.

spacer.png

Hellenic vACC | Olympic Air Virtual

Europe Region Director 2001-2011

Pilot: P5 | ATC: C3