You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

FPS Issues -X Pilot - X Plane 11

David Rendon

David Rendon
Posted
Posted

Good Evening Everyone !

I opened up a ticket with Vatsim and I was referred to the group to see if someone can please [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist me with my FPS. Recently the only thing I downloaded was xenviro to X Plane 11. I was getting frame rates between 35 to 45 with no issues, when I uninstalled squawkbox and downloaded the new X Pilot ( I was utilizing another platform) , my FPS dropped and as we all know after 30 seconds below 19 FPS you get kicked out of the network.

So I adjusted my rendering to be lower, I turned off my xenviro and I am getting FPS from 28 to 39 with no issues. As soon as I turn on X Pilot my FPS drops and I get kicked off the network.

Can someone [Mod - Happy Thoughts]ist me, what is going on or did I do something wrong ?

thanks,

David

David

N7DR

• 3 weeks later...
Marco NIRVANAN
Posted
Posted

i completely Agree With you Sir

This FPS issue is really bothering me and lots of other Laptop user of Xpilot its never get stable for FPS in laptop and it always gose down and up there for i would like kindly ask for Dear Xpilot developers To remove this Part From next update of Xpilot i really cant have one good flight Recently and it just keep DC me

Thanks a lot

best regards

Marco

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Guys, have you tried one of the other two clients that allow you to connect to VATSIM? For example the latest Beta of xSquawkbox 2 or swift? At least try and see if it makes a difference. Is it really xPilot that makes your frames drop?

Petter Storvik
Posted
Posted

same problem here

• 2 weeks later...
Martin Hunter
Posted
Posted

I've got the same issue. I've tried Xpilot as well as Xsquawkbox. When I have the radios in the aircraft selected on such that vatsim will theoretically be connected, my FPS drops down to 8-10 at the most. Without it, I'm solidly locked in around 50. When I turn the settings in the game all the way down, I'm capped at 60 fps but with radios on and vatsim connected it's the very same 8-10 fps. Help!

• 1 month later...
Stephan Buchmann
Posted
Posted

Same here.

I have a 3 projector 737 cockpit. Very stable, no visual plugins at all and achieve 25-39 fps.

Had an uneventful flight the other day at night, not a single disconnect.

Last night we tried to depart LOWW (was very busy) and on take-off disconnects started, despite 24 fps.

I suspect X-Pilot kills frames. Will check that asap.

I will try 3jfps, but I am concerned the more add ons I install the worse stability and performance becomes.

Might check to go back to xsquakbox...

Meanwhile, how is it going for you guys?