You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Communication with ATC

MICHAEL MANNA

MICHAEL MANNA
Posted
Posted

I can hear atc just fine. ATC only hears static from me. PTT is working because ‘TX’ lights up green when I push PTT. I can adjust mic sliders in settings with mouse however when I hold down PTT and speak nothing happens to let me know if I need to adjust sliders up or down. Headset and mic are selected in XPILOT settings and in windows 10 settings as well.

I have tried reinstalling both headset/mic and XPILOT

Thanks for your consideration

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted
I can hear atc just fine. ATC only hears static from me. PTT is working because ‘TX’ lights up green when I push PTT. I can adjust mic sliders in settings with mouse however when I hold down PTT and speak nothing happens to let me know if I need to adjust sliders up or down. Headset and mic are selected in XPILOT settings and in windows 10 settings as well.

I have tried reinstalling both headset/mic and XPILOT

Thanks for your consideration

When adjusting levels on the audio settings page, you shouldn't need to hold push-to-talk. You should see audio levels bouncing just from speaking. If you don't, your mic is not being detected properly. Next troubleshooting steps would be: (a) are you sure you have the correct input / recording device selected on the xPilot audio settings screen? (b) is your mic working, for sure, with other apps?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png