You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

X-Pilot Randomly disconnects me non stop

Joseph Vulic 1301895

Joseph Vulic 1301895
Posted
Posted

Hello I'm a X-Plane 11 User and use X-Pilot to to fly online but for the past few days i keep getting randomly disconnected non stop from the network even though I'm averaging 30-40 fps in game this becoming very frustrating as I'm unable to keep up when ATC calls me so please if there is any way to fix this please help

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

"Randomly" disconnected, or disconnected with the warnings about low frame rates?

If it is a low framerate warning or disconnect when your framerates are not low, can you post a screenshot or video showing this?

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Charlie Smith 1400762
Posted
Posted (edited)

I am getting the "Low FPS" and I have made the decision to fly offline from now on due to this problem.

Edited by Guest

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Uh huh... are your framerates actually low (<20) when you get the warnings, or are they erroneous? You're posting it here for support as if the Pilot Client has a bug -- but if it's disconnecting you when your framerates are below 20 (and thus your sim rate is below 100%), it's working correctly.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
I am getting the "Low FPS" warning and after 9 years of flying on VATsim I have made the decision to fly offline from now on due to this problem.

9 years, huh? Your CID was created in October of 2019.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted (edited)

REKT

Edited by Guest

Me.

Charlie Smith 1400762
Posted
Posted (edited)

@Justin Shannon #KnowYourFacts

Edited by Guest

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

@Charlie Smith #havingmorethanoneIDisnotpermittedatVATSIM #knowyourfacts

Seriously, please contact Membership, because you will have to start using your original VATSIM account, your original VATSIM ID number. Your current, secondary account(s) will be suspended permanently. If you are not able to use your original account, because of changed e-mail contacts, also let Membership know, they will help you to get online again.

https://www.vatsim.net/members

Start with looking for your original account, possibly re-activate it (if necessary) and ask for your p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]word.

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

There's an old saying... "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink."

Thanks to all for giving good advice. I even gave it a day to be heeded.

Oh well....

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations