You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Im really struggling with AFV

Steven Tucker 860680

Steven Tucker 860680
Posted
Posted

I have d/l Euroscope, installed and connected, I then realised I need AFV so d/l that and installed but then the problems begin.

When I launch Euroscope it tells me Primary input/recording device is not working correctly.

It then auto opens the Voice Communications setup which I tried many times until I realised it is probably not related to AFV.

I launch AFV and get a couple of beeps but I see nothing on the monitor, nothing in the taskbar, though AFV can be seen as running in Task manager.

If I try the headphone button it just opens the Voice Communication setup and not the AFV screen that I have seen on Vatsim, and thats as far as I can get, my mic and headphones work on TS and Discord so it's not them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Steven Tucker 860680
Posted
Posted

Things have moved on a little, I have managed to get AFV to connect but when I open the Voice Communication Setup dialogue box there are no frequencies?

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted

Hi Steven,

in Euroscope you need to setup a station and frequency, but you insert "nonsense information" in the field "server":

ES_AFV.jpg

In my case I wrote "none", but it can be any character, it does not matter.

Then you select your desired station as "Prim" (Primary). Note that ES will only give you checkmarks for "RCV TXT" and "XMT TXT", nothing for voice, since this will be handled by AFV. Once this is done, connect Euroscope to VATSIM and when your connection is established, select on the AFV app "Connect". It will automatically connect you to the PRIM-station that you had activated within Euroscope.

If you PTT does not work, make sure that you have set it up correctly in your AFV app, not in Euroscope! You can change settings in AFV only when it is not connected.

Steven Tucker 860680
Posted
Posted

Andreaas, thank you for your reply, Im not sure it iis working for me though.

The first error I get is on opening ES, I get "primary input/recording device is not working properly"

I hit OK and I get "Secondary input/recording device is not working properly"

I hit OK and ES boots up

When I open the Voice setup there are no frequencies to choose from only Example 121.00

I have tried entering a name and frequency I use from time to time and select" none" for server as you advised

I have no idea what Voice alias grammar means but I have selected the same as yourself

I then make this my primary and connect AFV

The channel is visible in AFV and RX is highlighted green, but nothing for TX, even if I speak or press my PTT

When AFV is disconnected in Settings it shows my mic as working and I have chosen a PTT

If I close ES and then re-open I still get the input not working errors

Steven Tucker 860680
Posted
Posted

I have spent a long time trying, my headset is not listed by name but I have a long list of Wave Line in, High Def Direct sound options, my mic is not listed by name (here or on any software, I have tried every option and on Test I either get Talk Drowned out or Mic too cold.

The mic works fine with, Teamspeak, Discord, the meter in AFV can hear it just fine, I have controlled on IVAO with it, so Im confident its not the mic

Nestor Perez
Posted
Posted

As I told you on Facebook -where you also asked-, all the information you need is at https://audio.vatsim.net/docs/2.0/atc/euroscope. You do NOT need to setup the Audio in Euroscope, as all voice communications are routed through the standalone client.

Me.