You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

[solved] No input signal from microphone

Kai-Ole Kirsten

Kai-Ole Kirsten
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hey,

i'm trying to setup xPilot (1.2.1.0) on Win10 but i'm running into the following problem:

1) I started xPilot as admin

2) In "Settings -> Audio/Push to Talk" i selected my Headphone and Output Device (Arctis Pro Wireless, which is working great everywhere else)

3) I don't get a signal on the peak level indicator (the microphone is not muted)

The folowing error is shown under "Messages" in xPilot (in German):

[19:25:54] Error starting voice server connection: Die COM-Kl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]enfactory für die Komponente mit CLSID {F447B69E-1884-4A7E-8055-346F74D6EDB3} konnte aufgrund des folgenden Fehlers nicht abgerufen werden: 80040154 Kl[Mod - Happy Thoughts]e nicht registriert (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CL[Mod - Happy Thoughts]NOTREG)).

I rebooted and also tried to reinstall, but nothing helped.

Does anyone know, how i can fix the error? It seems to be the reason.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

Kai-Ole Kirsten
Posted
Posted

Found the solution.

I'm running Windows 10 N and i needed to install the Media Feature Pack again. I seem to need a now one after each Windows 10 release.

If you're running into the same error: Google for "Windows Media Feature Pack download" to find the one for your version.

Bye