You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VABB_APR VABB_TWR

Alan Withers 923603

Alan Withers 923603
Posted
Posted

Apologies to the gentlemen manning the above positions this evening around 1900Z. After failing to capture the 09 ILS twice, I suspected some sort of instrument malfunction and while trying to recover the situation (and my embarr[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ment ), an unexpected incoming private chat seemed to bomb my PC - and I had to disconnect without warning. Regards, Alan.

5088.png

• 1 month later...
Deepan Mehta
Posted
Posted

Hi Alan ..yes i think it was me on APP that day...yes i was wondering if were receiving the ils signal for the 09 ..thats why i tried offering you the 27 app if i remember ....oh man do i know how it feels if after a lonng flight the app gets ruined due some reason , my last flight didnt show as online ..even though i flew by the prescribed rules for acars to show it as online etc...anyway just for my info ..were u receiving the 09 ils signals correctly that day ? ...hope we bring you in nicely next time ..cheers

Matt Chase 974571
Posted
Posted

And congrats on finally getting Deepan to say something!

Matt Chase

VATPAC C1 /O

Deepan Mehta
Posted
Posted

ah matt it so happens that i have'nt browsed the forum in a long while ,in fact i just joined it (to post this reply) ...thats why i didnt reply to that post earlier ...but thanks for the sarcasm anyway i appreciate that valuable input.....D

Alan Withers 923603
Posted
Posted

Hi Deepan

It could be a FS2002 thing, I don't recall getting anything from the 09 ILS. When I come back, I'll try that approach again. I'll have to check which airframe I was in. Think it was a B74F. Anyway, thanks for your PM this evening and your ATC duties on the night in question. ILS or no ILS, it was the private chat during the approach which knocked out my PC. Thanks for all your help.

Alan

5088.png