You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Could not find file

Dean Jordan 1471230

Dean Jordan 1471230
Posted
Posted

So, I have an issue as I installed vPilot. I was looking at the FAQ and I couldn't find the answer or see where it was at. I don't know how to fix it, and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem, or what I could do to fix it.

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

What is the actual problem? Your subject line suggests that something couldn't find a file, but I'll need much more detail about the actual problem/error.

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Dean Jordan 1471230
Posted
Posted
What is the actual problem? Your subject line suggests that something couldn't find a file, but I'll need much more detail about the actual problem/error.

When I downloaded it, the setup came up. It installed, then I pressed finish. Then it said: Error Creating Folders: Could not find file 'C:\Users\shell\Docomeents\vPilot Files. I don't know what to do and I didn't find anyone else with this issue

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

Is your user name "shell" ?

Dean Jordan 1471230
Posted
Posted
Is your user name "shell" ?

Yes

Ross Carlson
Posted
Posted

When vPilot runs for the first time, it tries to create the folder that you see in the error message. Seems as though your user doesn't have permission to create folders in your Docomeents folder. Are you able to manually create the folder? (Or any folder inside your Docomeents folder.)

Dean Jordan 1471230
Posted
Posted
When vPilot runs for the first time, it tries to create the folder that you see in the error message. Seems as though your user doesn't have permission to create folders in your Docomeents folder. Are you able to manually create the folder? (Or any folder inside your Docomeents folder.)

Yes, I can. Thanks for your help.