You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Help me with a flight plan pls

Alexander Deyneko

Alexander Deyneko
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I often confuse about IFR flight plan when I start from small, UNCONTROLLED airport.

For example I fly from CSU3 to KMPV on Baron 58.

When I tried to use Skyvector bc it showed me:

JUTEK V487 BTV

Is it OK?

X-Plane shared cockpit flights and group flights only - Join us!

Site: Virtual-Pilots.com

• 4 weeks later...
Jacob Lewis
Posted
Posted

Hey Alexander!

If you are flying from a small uncontrolled airport, chances are it doesn't have departure nor arrival procedures. The route you posted above looks correct. It takes you to an fix, then an airway, then a vor/dme, and then direct to the designated arrival airport. If you are in a smaller GA aircraft however, I recommend doing the flight VFR. It will make everything easier on you.

Josh Glottmann
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Jacob Lewis said:

If you are in a smaller GA aircraft however, I recommend doing the flight VFR. It will make everything easier on you.

That's not necessarily true, and highly dependent on weather.

Alexander, your route seems fine. I would probably file WARDS V487 BTV V104 MPV at 7000 if I was flying (which is almost exactly the same as yours).

Mike Sweeney
Posted
Posted

JUTEK V487 BTV appears ok for online flight simulation
or ...
For IFR, consider CSU3 CFWSH V487 BTV KMPV at 8,000
For VFR (weather permitting), dct at 7,500
- (In rw, land at airport of entry KBTV; for simulation, CBP irrelevant)

In case you are checking replies Alexander, hope this helps.

Mike / 811317
rz0u.png

Ismail El Moussati
Posted
Posted

Hi there,

You can always use your FPL type Y,Z if the airport is not IFR certified you can start VFR then later switch to IFR.

Yours,

Ismail El Moussati
Northern Africa Division Founder l VATSIM Network Supervisor
Royal Air Maroc Virtual CEO
Virtual AirTraffic Simulation Network

0.png

Mike Sweeney
Posted
Posted

For the departure airport, real world there is nothing which precludes filing an IFR flight plan, calling for a clearance, obtaining a release; ATC protects the airspace.
If an IFR arrival has already been cleared for the rnav 20 approach, Montreal holds the departure (IFR release) until the landing aircraft cancels IFR. (one in/one out)
For obstructions and alert airspace, refer to departure procedures and climb rate, as published.
© navigraph/ jeppesen 10-9

A composite flight plan, with wx requirements for a VFR departure ... not necessary.
[Vis 1/2 or better; file IFR]

CSU3.jpg

Mike / 811317
rz0u.png

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Mike Sweeney said:

A composite flight plan, with wx requirements for a VFR departure ... not necessary.

You guys in North America are lucky with such a regulation. In Europe? No way, you need to depart VFR and stay outside controlled airspace until you have been successfully picked by ATC.