You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

TWRTrainer unable to open situation file; run-time error '6'

Daan Janssen

Daan Janssen
Posted
Posted

Hi,

I've used TWRTrainer many times without any issues, however, today it (all of a sudden) stopped working. In preparation for a training session, I tried loading in a .apt file, after which TWRTrainer gave me the following error and immediately quit:

RN5opqw.png

I tried running the .exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP and in Administrator mode, neither of which solved the problem. I also replaced my TWRTrainer (and .apt) files with those of my training administrator, but this didn't solve the problem either. It happens with every .apt file, even the included file for Burlington.

Is this is a known problem? Is there a solution?

Any help is appreciated.

Edit: I should probably add that I'm using Windows 10

Daan (Dan) Janssen

Training Administrator

vZAB - Albuquerque ARTCC

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Check to make sure your windows decimal settings are set up to use the decimal (.) character for decimals (e.g. 123.45), and not to use the comma (,) for decimals (e.g. 123,45). It's probably been about 10 years since anyone's reported this trouble, and my memory isn't all that good anymore, but something to check out.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations

Daan Janssen
Posted
Posted
Check to make sure your windows decimal settings are set up to use the decimal (.) character for decimals (e.g. 123.45), and not to use the comma (,) for decimals (e.g. 123,45). It's probably been about 10 years since anyone's reported this trouble, and my memory isn't all that good anymore, but something to check out.

Don,

That did the trick! Thank you. Looks like my PC changed the regional format without me knowing, which indeed caused the error. I reverted it back to United States and the program works just fine.

Daan (Dan) Janssen

Training Administrator

vZAB - Albuquerque ARTCC