You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Microphone not working

Grayson Caldwell 1483823

Grayson Caldwell 1483823
Posted
Posted

(WINDOWS 10 )I have a MXL 990 microphone connected via XLR cable to my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 aduio interface. In the settings menu I select "Focusrite USB (Focusrite USB Au" for the microphone, but nothing shows up on the peak level indicator. I have [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned a PPT key.

I have tried updating drivers. I have removed audio drivers ( realtek Nvidia ASIO). I have turned off my Anti Virus software

The microphone works as I can hear myself coming out of the headphones and external speakers that are also connect to the focusrite.

I can connect and listen to ATC and pilots with my headphones/external speakers.

I do not have a sim installed yet and i have not p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]ed the basic exam test yet either.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Gary Oliver
Posted
Posted

Have you checked microphone permissions in windows? Might be worth a google and a check?

Grayson Caldwell 1483823
Posted
Posted

Yes, shows permission to the app.

Grayson Caldwell 1483823
Posted
Posted

Solution!

switched the XLR cable into a different input in the aduio interface. not sure why but that did it! hope this helps someone else!