You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

VATSIM Membership

Tyler Davis 1273613

Tyler Davis 1273613
Posted
Posted

What happens to pilots that cant be active due to the recent update that had started kicking people for being under a certain FPS? I am a active pilot and also do get above 40 fps but I keep getting kicked cause of the issue with the low fps rate. So now I can't even be active in VATSIM due to it. What happens to those members since they are forced to be inactive.

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

They remain inactive until they revert to simulator software more suitable for their PC to handle, at which time they can contact the VATSIM Membership team to reactivate their account.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• 2 weeks later...
Gabriel Fernandez
Posted
Posted

Swift pilot client, for Xplane, dont require a minimum Frame rate. I am using and you dont be kickid. For me works fine.
Hope help you as well

GABRIEL FERNANDEZ
VATBRZ Division Director, VATSIM Americas  
VATSIM Network Instructor - SAM FSS
##  [email protected] 
##
 Vatsim Brasil    

1729843347_LogoVATBRZtest.thumb.png.cd8c8bebff0897aa7c0ec41dc3648b7a.png.d061d9bdd8d550a9eb07597ff167cc2d.png

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

It doesn't yet, but it will.  However, hopefully it will affect only users who are legitimately below 20fps / 100% sim rate.

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

• Board of Governors
Don Desfosse
Posted
Posted

Also, please realize that if you don't have your machine set up properly to meet the needs of the network and are disconnected, your connection still "counts" and records the date/time you were connected, thus extending any potential time until your account is set as inactive.  So in terms of your membership, once you connect you are "good", and if you are disconnected, you need to figure out how to meet the needs of the network and all of its other members.

Don Desfosse
Vice President, Operations