Problem with vPilot

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked fine that time ... and if you open the file, you'll see why vPilot is not finding any of your models. The full contents are:

[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048
[Main]
SimObjectPaths.0=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.1=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy

So, somehow your FSX.cfg got moved to a non-standard location, and the one in the standard location (this one) does not contain your simobject paths.

To fix it, copy the missing SimObjectPaths.# lines from your other FSX.cfg into this one. Make sure the numbers are sequential.

Edited by Ross Carlson

Developer: vPilot, VRC, vSTARS, vERAM, VAT-Spy

Senior Controller, Boston Virtual ARTCC

Ross,

The only file I have is the one you posted above.  C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.  It has the exact information that you posted.  I'm not sure where the other FSX.cfg is in its non-standard location.  What are the lines I would need to add to make this work?  Thanks again.

I'm a little confused. You just said the only file you have is at "C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" but earlier you pasted the contents of your FSX.cfg file, which you said was located here:  

On 5/1/2020 at 3:18 PM, Paul Rickard said:

C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX also FSX_SE

I asked you to confirm that the path to the file contains both FSX-SE and FSX, and you replied that that is in fact the case.

Do you have both of these files or no?

I do have both of these files.  The file you posted

"[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048

[Main]

SimObjectPaths.1=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy" is on the fsx.cfg file under C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.   I has fsx.cfg and fsx_se.cgf  located under C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX.  

On the  C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX I was wondering what I need to add to make things work on vpilot?

Earlier in this thread I asked you to post the exact path to your FSX.cfg file, and you responded with "C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX also FSX_SE". I then asked you to confirm that the path actually contains both "FSX-SE" and "FSX" and you said yes. I think you misunderstood my question. I was asking if the path to your FSX.cfg contained BOTH of those strings. In other words, I asked if the full path to that one single file (FSX.cfg) contained both "FSX-SE" AND "FSX" in the same path. I was not asking if you had two separate config files, one containing "FSX-SE" and the other containing "FSX".

Based on what you've said just now, it sounds like you don't actually have an FSX.cfg file located at "C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX".

So, I'm going to ask you a question, and I need to you read my question carefully and answer it precisely:

Earlier in this thread, on April 27, when I asked you "Can you send me your FSX.cfg file?" you pasted the contents of a file directly in your reply, on April 28th. You then posted the contents of your FSX:SE config. (You prefixed that second file contents with "And here's the FSX-SE for good measure.") So here's my question:

What is the EXACT FULL PATH to each of those two file that you pasted the contents of on April 28?

The full path must include everything from the drive letter (such as "C:") all the way through to the filename itself, such as "FSX.cfg". As an example, here is the full path to my FSX.cfg:

C:\Users\Ross Carlson\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.CFG

Again, please post the EXACT FULL PATH to BOTH of those files that you pasted the contents of, on April 28th.

Once I get this answer from you, I'll be able to understand what is happening on your system and how to correct it.

Edited by Ross Carlson

C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE.  Has both fsx.cfg and fsx_se.cfg.  It different than the C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX, which has the FSX.cfg containing: 

[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=2048
[Main]
SimObjectPaths.1=C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy

Okay, great, that clears it up. I'll put some thought into how to make vPilot detect this situation where you have multiple FSX.cfg files, but only one of them is actually the "real" one with a full set of SimObjectPaths defined.

For now, you can just copy this file:

C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE\FSX.cfg

Into this folder:

C:\Users\Paul Rickard\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

And overwrite the small FSX.cfg file that currently exists there. (Make a backup of it first if you want.)

You'll need to repeat this process if you add any aircraft models that you want vPilot to make use of.

Thanks for sticking with me on the troubleshooting here ... we finally got to the bottom of it!