You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

BEST WAY TO ORGANISE CSL

Nico Paetzold

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

I just found the best way to organise my CSL so almost every livery and model is matched.
I am using the BlueBell CSL

Download all BlueBell versions from the org forum.
Extract them.
- Open BB_Props, Copy all Folders (AT42-SF34) into X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL
- Open BB_Mil, Copy all Folders (A330-TUCA) into X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL
Repeat those steps for every BB Folder except BB_IVAO_vert_offstets
!Do not copy the xb text files at this stage!

Now your CSL Folder should contain all Aircraft Folders, example Resources/CSL/B739 or CSL/A320 and so on (make sure its exactly like this!) !! NOT CLS/BB_Airbus/A320 !!

- Open BB_IVAO_vert_offsets
- Open BB_Airbus
- Copy xsb_aircraft into X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL
- Open xsb_aircraft you just copied in X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL

Now its getting a little complicated to discribe.

The xsb_aircraft inside X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL should be open now the whole time during this process

- Open xsb_aircraft BB_Boeing, STR+A to copy all lines
- Copy all lines at the button of xsb_aircraft in X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL which should be already open the entire time
- Repeat this for every Folder inside BB_IVAO_offset

The final result should be an long xsb_aircraft inside X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL which contains every single aircraft CSL. What we just did was copying every line from other xsb_aircarft into one single large one which is located directly at X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL

- Save the changes of this file
- Start X-Plane
- Open Plugins-xPilot and at Settings enter the Path of your X-Plane 11 neu\Resources\plugins\xPilot\Resources\CSL file
Be sure the checkbox is set to use this CSL file and click load

Now the liveries should be correctly displayed

I hope it was understandable, otherwise I would record a Youtube Video

Philipp Schatz
Posted
Posted

Hi Nico, thanks for your explanation. However it is a little bit hard to follow with all that copy/pasting different folders - so a YouTube video would be very welcomed :D 8)

P.S.: or even simpler: just add some screenshots of how the folder should look like after and maybe one during the process ;)

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

Thanks for your answer, I will try to add some screenshots and perhaps a video too

Andrew Foster
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wow, this wee trick really works.

90% of my CSLs with xPilot (current version as of April 15th) were mismatched. Just tested 5 airports in US and all 100% correct. I did this for both BlueBell and x-CSL (OBJ8 files).

Flattening the directory a bit and not having xPilot work so hard in finding the right aircraft and livery appears to do the trick.

Thanks so much for this valuable tip!

Edited by Andrew Foster
  • Like 1

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Andrew Foster said:

Wow, this wee trick really works.

90% of my CSLs with xPilot (current version as of April 15th) were mismatched. Just tested 5 airports in US and all 100% correct. I did this for both BlueBell and x-CSL (OBJ8 files).

Flattening the directory a bit and not having xPilot work so hard in finding the right aircraft and livery appears to do the trick.

Thanks so much for this valuable tip!

Thanks a lot for your response 😄

I am glad its working now for you 

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted
On 4/11/2020 at 5:04 AM, Philipp Schatz said:

Hi Nico, thanks for your explanation. However it is a little bit hard to follow with all that copy/pasting different folders - so a YouTube video would be very welcomed :D 8)

P.S.: or even simpler: just add some screenshots of how the folder should look like after and maybe one during the process ;)

Here is the Link for the Tutorial Video: 

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

This is good advice and I might try it even when I seem to get good matches using the default folder structure.

Speaking of organizing your CSL models, I'm trying to separate own CSL models from the Bluebell CSL models. Where I normally only want xPilot to use the Bluebell CSL models. I've tried accomplishing this by putting in two separate CSL paths.

To test this,  I tried not checking the Bluebell path as seen below but still I get all Bluebell CSL models in X-Plane when connected. I thought xPilot wouldn't use the models in a path where 'Enabled' isn't checked?

1977992841_Greenshot2020-04-1904_33_30-X-System.jpg.0c0fc30de58833323127892d0a770a06.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, Richard Asberg said:

This is good advice and I might try it even when I seem to get good matches using the default folder structure.

Speaking of organizing your CSL models, I'm trying to separate own CSL models from the Bluebell CSL models. Where I normally only want xPilot to use the Bluebell CSL models. I've tried accomplishing this by putting in two separate CSL paths.

To test this,  I tried not checking the Bluebell path as seen below but still I get all Bluebell CSL models in X-Plane when connected. I thought xPilot wouldn't use the models in a path where 'Enabled' isn't checked?

1977992841_Greenshot2020-04-1904_33_30-X-System.jpg.0c0fc30de58833323127892d0a770a06.jpg

That definitely should not be the case. I have identified the issue and it will be fixed in the next (alpha) release.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

That definitely should not be the case. I have identified the issue and it will be fixed in the next (alpha) release.

That's awesome, many thanks!

Fact is I noticed another thing after writing my last post. When restarting both X-Plane and xPilot, xPilot will automatically add the default path back in again. Maybe related to what you already found but still wanted to mention it.

Richard Åsberg