You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot does not show in plugins list

Matt Bozwood-Davies

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of ANDREW WATSON 1485608
Hi Everyone, i have looked through as many posts as possible but cannot see the same issue, but my apologies if its been asked many times before.

So i can connect x pilot to x plane, and i park myself at a ramp and listen to the ATC, and i can transmit if i need to, but still observing at the moment.
I see traffic around me on the map in xplane, but as others have noted, they do not see the traffic on the ground, BUT thats not my concern right now!
In my plugin list in x-plane, xpilot does not even show in there? I was looking for the settings for traffic etc, and no matter how many times i uninstall or re install x pilot, it is not in my plug in list. Its in my plugins folder in xplane for sure, just will not show in game etc.

Guessing i missed something, but i cannot figure out what, as it seemed to have installed as i could connect etc.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of Elliot Hwang 1438277
:( i have the same issue

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Check your X-Plane log to make sure you don't have any errors loading the plugin. A common one is a missing C++ Redistributable package, which comes from a "Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found." error. You can obtain it from the Microsoft website: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... -downloads

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of ANDREW WATSON 1485608
That worked a treat Justin thankyou! :D

Pavel Kostrofff
Posted
Posted

Thank you very much

Matt Bozwood-Davies
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of ALVARO GARCIA 1466733
I have that exact problem, I have tried installing what you said, but it did not fix the issue, can you help me solving it? The log shows error code = 126. Thanks in advance,

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Sounds like the missing redistributable package didn't install correctly. Have you tried restarting your computer? If yes and it still doesn't work...

If you're using Windows 7:
Go to your "Uninstall or Change a Program", here you should see a list of programs installed on your computer. Find entries for Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables and take a screenshot and post it here of the versions you have installed.

If you're using Windows 10:
Go to "Apps & Features" and take a screenshot of the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables you have installed and post it here.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

• 2 months later...
Philip Pyka
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem. It has worked out for months now but from one day to the other i couldnt see other planes... Somehow the xpilot plugin isnt shown in xplane too. C++ 2017 was installed already. Can sb help me?

philip

• Mats Edvin Aaro changed the title to xPilot does not show in plugins list