You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XPILOT WON'T LAUNCH

Shayaan Ahmed

Shayaan Ahmed
Posted
Posted

Migrated on behalf of Shayaan Ahmed 1465268
After the most recent update, my xPilot will not launch. I have attached the text below of what happens when attempting to launch. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall the software however it made no difference whatsoever. Please help as soon as possible. Thanks in advance.

Error Message Window:

Unhandled exception: HRESULT: [0x80004005], Module: [General]. ApiCode: [E_FAIL/Unspecified error], Message: Unspecified error

Many Thanks,

Shayaan Ahmed

Jon Hunt
Posted
Posted

Hi.  I am having the same problem.  The application won't launch.  Latest Direct runtime libraries installed.  The plugin is showing in Xplane11, but the application won't open and I cannot access its settings.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jon Hunt said:

Hi.  I am having the same problem.  The application won't launch.  Latest Direct runtime libraries installed.  The plugin is showing in Xplane11, but the application won't open and I cannot access its settings.

What .NET framework version do you have installed?

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Jon Hunt
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

What .NET framework version do you have installed?

The registry says 4.0.0.0.  When I use the installer for 4.7.2 it says ".net Framework 4.7.2 or a later update is already installed on this computer".

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Can you please try the installer linked in this post:

Jon Hunt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Justin Shannon said:

Can you please try the installer linked in this post:

Hi.  Thanks, but that didn't work either.  xpPilot won't launch.  As an aside, I'm getting lots of antivirus warnings about the installer.  I'm just dismissing them, and saying run anyway etc.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jon Hunt said:

Hi.  Thanks, but that didn't work either.  xpPilot won't launch.  As an aside, I'm getting lots of antivirus warnings about the installer.  I'm just dismissing them, and saying run anyway etc.

Is there a GlobalExceptions.txt file in the xPilot directory (%localappdata%\xPilot)? If so, can you upload it here?

Edit: Can you give this one a try? http://xpilot.clowd.io/installers/xPilot-Setup-1.3.0.2c.exe

Edited by Justin Shannon

Jon Hunt
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

Is there a GlobalExceptions.txt file in the xPilot directory (%localappdata%\xPilot)? If so, can you upload it here?

Edit: Can you give this one a try? http://xpilot.clowd.io/installers/xPilot-Setup-1.3.0.2c.exe

Hi Justin.  Thank you for your continued support.  The new installer didn't work either.  I've found this crash report after trying to execute the latest application.

Report.wer

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jon Hunt said:

Hi Justin.  Thank you for your continued support.  The new installer didn't work either.  I've found this crash report after trying to execute the latest application.

Report.wer 11.7 kB · 1 download

Did xPilot produce a "GlobalExceptions.txt" file? It should live where you installed xPilot (by default in %localappdata%\xPilot), but it looks like you may have installed it in "F:\Program Files (x86)\xPilot\". 

Have you tried running xPilot as an Administrator?

Diego Notonica
Posted
Posted

There is a multimonitor issue with last XP and addons, many plugins try to open his window in primary monitor,if u r using multimonitor and XPlane is not in the Primary one (windows config) you cant see the plugin window, try setting xplane to "Windowed" to use your plugin and then conf back to full screen.

Rgrs