You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XSQUAWKBOX LASTEST VERSION FEEDBACK

Zach Biesse-Fitton

Zach Biesse-Fitton
Posted
Posted

POSTED ON BEHALF OF CRISTIANO LASI

good day all,
After downloading the latest version of XSB to XP11, I have done a flight from EGKK-KSFO, my frame-rates are stable at 60 fps with the absolute minimum of 30 fps occasionally during cruise. However because XP11 loads scenery and other objects every so often during the flight the simulation just needs to pause for a couple of seconds or two to load everything up and this triggers the timer. I have read the introduction on the XSB website about simulation rate etc and about the 30 second rule to account for what I have experienced XSB in general works great and i support the simulation rate measurements massively, However I would like to offer a reasonable piece of feedback, due to the occasional frame drops in xp11 which is well documented, I always get the message of your simulation is running low at least a dozen times in 5 mins which is really really annoying especially when 90% of time my simulation is running at 30 fps + therefore much higher than the 20 fps minimum at one point it even disconnected me because it was loading canada , and then of course after a minute it says auto disconnect cancel. All I would say would it be possible to increase the 30 second limit to potential 60 secs in the next build, I would say this is more reasonable as for most people this is what is experienced, and for most ( i known quite a few people who have xplane and experience the same problem with XSB) experience on average of 30 fps on x-plane which is generally quite smooth and does not offer complications to vatsim ATC.

kind regards Cristiano

Zach Biesse-Fitton
VATSIM Developer and Supervisor | VATPAC Division Director

vatSys Development Team

Mike Lehkamp
Posted
Posted

Anything else?

1.jpg