You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Why are we closing Topics that have not been Properly addressed??

Lorenzo Francois

Lorenzo Francois
Posted
Posted

I feel that the update thread for the new version has not been properly addressed!!

So I have read the release notes, updated my C++ and still with the new version of the client still not seeing the plugin in my plugin list in sim V11.41 and the client shuts down. So what now??? Why is it you all did not create a separate client for those whom decided to go over to Vulcan??? A lot of headache would be avoided!!!! I would also like to recommend that instead of being condescending and tell people to do you a favor and read release notes that better explanations should be given. When you go to the Microsoft page as outlined in the release notes, how would you know what version to download of the C++ there various options, X86, x64 etc....

I found the roll back installation package for V1.2.1.0 and that is working fine again.

Please remember not all of us are PC savvy and clearer instructions should be outlined.

Lorenzo Francois  

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Lorenzo Francois said:

I feel that the update thread for the new version has not been properly addressed!!

It’s difficult to keep up with multiple different issues in one thread. Instead, it’s better to create a separate thread for your issue. 

6 minutes ago, Lorenzo Francois said:

Why is it you all did not create a separate client for those whom decided to go over to Vulcan???

Because the methods to draw aircraft in the previous version uses a very old method that Laminar does not recommend X-Plane developers use any more (especially since they are deprecated in 11.50). Instead, Laminar recommend we use their Instancing API, which is a more efficient way of inserting objects into the sim. Not to mention xPilot is still a beta software so it’s very much subject to change. 

9 minutes ago, Lorenzo Francois said:

I would also like to recommend that instead of being condescending and tell people to do you a favor and read release notes that better explanations should be given.

I’m not sure how asking people to read the release notes is “condescending”. It’s really frustrating for me when people can’t be bothered to do their own research (i.e read the release notes) beforehand. I’m a one man show, doing all of this on my free time (which I have very little of). You’re more than welcome to use one another pilot clients if you’re having such a bad experience, or better yet, develop your own pilot client if you think you can do better!

13 minutes ago, Lorenzo Francois said:

When you go to the Microsoft page as outlined in the release notes, how would you know what version to download of the C++ there various options, X86, x64 etc....

Again, by reading the release notes thread you would see what version you would need.

• Like 1

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

José María Fernández De
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 12:57 AM, Lorenzo Francois said:

So I have read the release notes, updated my C++ and still with the new version of the client still not seeing the plugin in my plugin list in sim V11.41 and the client shuts down. So what now??? Why is it you all did not create a separate client for those whom decided to go over to Vulcan??? A lot of headache would be avoided!!!! I would also like to recommend that instead of being condescending and tell people to do you a favor and read release notes that better explanations should be given. When you go to the Microsoft page as outlined in the release notes, how would you know what version to download of the C++ there various options, X86, x64 etc....

I found the roll back installation package for V1.2.1.0 and that is working fine again.

Please remember not all of us are PC savvy and clearer instructions should be outlined.

Lorenzo Francois  

Install all of them, in case you cant install them, disregard them -as we are disregarding this topic... man, try to be polite in your comments and read, mister... thatñs the point

Also you can start to use google, to understand x64 x85... 

Edited by José María Fernández De