You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Atc clearances

Denis Frechette 904973

Denis Frechette 904973
Posted
Posted

IFR Flight Tampa to Toronto, filed a dep Pie, but was cleared with a dep Winco, 125 nm south ldl and back to my filed plan at lal54,

Is it usual, considering the amount of fuel , and time , Airbus 321 137 p[Mod - Happy Thoughts]engers.

Am a kind of newbie with ATC,

Need infos !

Alex Vainer 929287
Posted
Posted

I'm kind of confused on what your asking.

Alex "AV" Vainer C1

Los Angeles ARTCC

Travis Faudree 821145
Posted
Posted

Something about a re-route I think. Or not being able to fly the route that he tediously programmed in his GPS before calling for route clearance. Number one rule of thumb, don't waste your time setting up your GPS or FMS before you get your route clearance. Find the route, file it, call for clearance and THEN program it. My CRJ sim instructor made that a number one point during my flight training course. He got me good the very first time I hit that EXEC button before picking up the mic to call delivery.

Matthew Horan 901577
Posted
Posted

From what I can see, he filed one SID, but was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned another? I'm still confused though

Edward Mosier 902482
Posted
Posted

I think what he is asking is why when tampa to toronto is a north route, he was sent 125nm south of tampa then north again. Seems like a long way around tampa. total distance would be 250 nm, that would use up some fuel he may need at the other end. Dont know why atc would do that, new controler perhaps?

Captain Edward Mosier (1287)

"just an earthbound misfit am I..."

www.globecargova.org

Polar and Atlas Freight ops

RFP747-200 & PMDG 747-400

Now with DHL freight division using

Flight-1 ATR, and 727, and LevelD 767

Tom Seeley
Posted
Posted

Denis, on a departure from KTPA you should never be [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned WINCO since that is a departure gate for KMIA and, as you indicate, would take you well off your route to any northern destination such as CYYZ. If that routing was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned to you by a ZMA controller it is unacceptable and you have our apologies. If you could contact me directly I will make every effort to figure out why this happened.

Best regards,

--

Tom Seeley

Air Traffic Manager

Miami ARTCC

[email protected]

Carlos Perea 934840
Posted
Posted

Well, considering the vaugeness of his post, perhaps the controller misunderstood his wishes while he was flying and [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned him to the WINCO intersection?

Glenn Blanco 852844
Posted
Posted

You can always refuse the departure given to you if you're unable to fly it or you think it takes you the longer way around. Possible reasons for giving you a south departure is due to the traffic in the area.

Also, the controller should always ask you first if you would like to accept that departure, apart from the DP you filed before actually clearing you for that departure. Again, if you're not comfortable with the DP, just say "unable the DP".

Craig Moulton
Posted
Posted

Sounds to me like the controller was confused and "thought" you were in Miami, hence the clearance via WINCO.

Fly Safe! Have Fun!

Craig Moulton

810358.png

• 2 weeks later...
Peter Blocki 933043
Posted
Posted

Shouldn't have happened by that controller, apologies from ZMA.

Peter Blocki

Deputy Air Traffic Manager

Miami ARTCC

Rey Lopez 883899
Posted
Posted
From what I can see, he filed one SID, but was [Mod - Happy Thoughts]igned another? I'm still confused though

not simple!! =P

The thoughts and/or words or any general things that are expressed above are not a direct reflection of the views of the actual poster myself, Rey Lopez, and should be disregarded and left unread.