You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Xpilot window stop responding

Cristobal Ibarra

Cristobal Ibarra
Posted
Posted

Hello, im new at VATSIM and I´ve been following all the steps to have a great time while using the Xpilot software with Xplane 11.
I use a keyboard key to open the Xpilot window because every time I select something in the cockpit it closes, so I need to use this key many times to keep watching for Xpilot´s details.
After connecting to VATSIM, a few minutes later (sometimes im still on the ground, sometimes already airborne) Xpilot window doesn´t want to open again when pressing the key, but im still connected because I can hear everything, but the controller or other pilots can´t hear me anymore. (Last time I could´t hear anybody like i did at the first time). At this point im trying to communicate but i can´t, and the worst thing is that i can´t find out how to open the Xpilot window again... So im connected, but i can´t even get out of VATSIM. I try to close the app, open it again, but i can´t do anything. I already uninstalled Xpilot once, and installed it again...but this problem is still happening.
Right now I can see Xpilot is still open and connected because if I put the cursor on my desktop Xpilot Logo, the window shows up, but once i try to do something and move the cursor, it closes inmediatly. While the cursor is on it, i can see the little window and I press the X symbol to close it, but it doesn´t. And if I look for the app on my PC and try to open it again, it doesn´t.
Is like if for any reason, Xpilot software crashes or something, but once it does, there is nothing I can do to restart it and try again.

Hope somebody can help me with this problem, I have not a lot of Xpilot software or computer knowledge or anything...I just followed the steps to install it. 

Thank you

• Like 2

Christian Weber
Posted
Posted

I have the same problem. Once connected to the network it gets unresponsive after a few minutes. As I have only one screen atthe momnet the XPilot WIndow is in the background. When I try to open it with the assigend hot key, nothing happens. Wen looking in the Task Manager it is stated as "Not responding". It does this even without touching it afer app 5 to 10 minutes.

• Like 1

David Sullivan
Posted
Posted (edited)

You may not have the latest C++ version.  It can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

This solved my similar problem.   Use the x64 version for windows. You may also want to install the x86 version just to be sure.

Edited by David Sullivan
  • Like 1

Cristobal Ibarra
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, David Sullivan said:

You may not have the latest C++ version.  It can be found here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

This solved my similar problem.   Use the x64 version for windows. You may also want to install the x86 version just to be sure.

I tried that today, but unfortunately it didnt work.

Thanks for your help, im gonna keep looking for more options and see what can I do to solve this problem. 

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted

Try running xPilot as an Administrator and see if that makes a difference for you.

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Cristobal Ibarra
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

Try running xPilot as an Administrator and see if that makes a difference for you.

It is already running as an administrator... 

Cristobal Ibarra
Posted
Posted

So, yesterday I tried to fly with C++ version x64 and x86 downloaded and I had the same problem.

Today I was optimistic because yesterday I didn't restart the PC, and that made me think that was the reason it didn't work. I also saw today's XPilot update and downloaded it... I was expecting that to help with this too. 

Unfortunately, a few minutes ago I was taxing to depart from KBOS, and after answering the controller, he was still calling me waiting for my answer... So I knew it was XPilot crash time again. 

This time I can hear everything on frequency, but they can't hear me. Im not able to disconnect! I thought that closing Xplane 11 would automatically send me out, but at this moment, im still listening about that airplane that is blocking the taxiway. Im so sorry KBOS mates, now I think I should have done an advisory about this before start taxing, but that Xpilot's update and the second try with Windows C++ made me feel very optimistic as I said. 

(XPilot has been running as an administrator all this time) 

It's enought, im gonna uninstall XPilot and look for another option.

Thank you very much for your help.

If someone, any time find out the solution for this, hope you can share it.

Good flights!! 

Ryan Fasold
Posted
Posted

I have the exact same problem. XPilot becomes totally unresponsive after a few minutes. When downloading the new C++, do you simply click on "Run" or does it have to be saved somewhere?

Cristobal Ibarra
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Ryan Fasold said:

I have the exact same problem. XPilot becomes totally unresponsive after a few minutes. When downloading the new C++, do you simply click on "Run" or does it have to be saved somewhere?

Im not sure, I just downloaded it and understood that was enough and Xplane would use it automatically.

That could be the mistake I made... Hope anyone with knowledge can explain us this.