You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

XP11 Quits

Martin Ashoff

Martin Ashoff
Posted
Posted

Before my first flight in VatSim I'd like to understand the following: What happens when I am in midst of a VatSim flight using X-Plane 11and XP11 quits unexpectedly (happens occasionally for unknown reasons)? Is the Vatsim session/flight then terminated and over? What will the controller see? Plane got lost, crashed...??? Will ATC terminate the flight plan?? I don't think I can resume the flight from the point where XP11 quitted?? 

Andreas Fuchs
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Martin,

your plane will disappear from our radar screens. If you are somewhere enroute or on the ground at a non-critcal location, re-start your SIM and log on again, no worries. I would advise against doing this when you are on a runway or on or near an instrument approach and you know that there are several other planes around. I guess I do not have to explain to you why.

Welcome to VATSIM, enjoy! There's a lot of information here on the forums and on VATSIM's PRC Pilot Resource Center, just Google it.

Edited by Andreas Fuchs
missing word

Robert Shearman Jr
Posted
Posted

Martin -- 

Welcome to VATSIM!  The tl;dr version is if your sim quits, don't worry.  It happens. 

Cheers,
-R.

fvJfs7z.png

Martin Ashoff
Posted
Posted

Andreas,

vielen Dank. Macht Sinn. (Thanks a lot. Makes sense).

Robert,

likewise, thanks for your inputs given. It helps. Out of curiosity what does CTD stand for?

Cheers,

Martin

Singapore (home of Changi Airport)