Jump to content

xPilot Alpha 1.3.3.0-Alpha Now Available


Recommended Posts

Version 1.3.3.0-Alpha of xPilot is now available for download from the xPilot website.

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

  • The default CSL folder (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL) is no longer automatically added as an entry to the CSL Package configuration. Read more on the CSL Package configuration changes below.
  • Added the ability to change aircraft label colors (5 additional predefined color options).
  • Updated version check code. There is now an option specify which version channel (alpha, beta, stable) you want to use to check for updates.
  • Statically link C++ runtime libraries which eliminates the need to download the latest Visual Studio C++ redistributable package.
  • Miscellaneous performance tweaks.

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

Changes to CSL Package Configuration

This version introduces a slight change to the way CSL package paths are defined in the settings. Previously, the default root CSL folder (Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL) would always appear as the first entry in the CSL package configuration and xPilot would load all CSL packages that lived within the folder, regardless if the path was disabled.

Now, xPilot will no longer add the default root CSL folder as an entry in the CSL package configuration. This will allow users to be granular with their CSL model setup. For example, you can now have a folder for Bluebell and a folder for X-CSL that lives in the xPilot CSL folder (e.g. Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell and Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL, respectively) and be able to enable (or disable) each one independently.

You may continue to use a single CSL path to load all CSL packages that live within the root folder. For example, if all your CSL package models live under Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL, simply type Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL as the first CSL package path (and make sure the 'Enabled' checkbox is checked) and xPilot will do the rest for you.

Just as before, you can also define paths to CSL package folders that live outside of the X-Plane drive. As a reminder, for this to work, the path must be fully qualified (e.g. D:\FlightSim\CSL\Bluebell).

What should I do if I have a problem with xPilot?

If you encounter an issue with xPilot, please do the following:

  1. Consult the xPilot documentation and other forum posts. It's quite possible that the problem you're having has already been answered in another thread or in the documentation.
  2. Create a new thread in the xPilot forums. It's important to be as detailed as possible. If applicable, provide detailed step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue; just reporting that "xpilot crashed my sim. what do i do?? help!!!" is not helpful! The longer it takes to for me to extract the appropriate information from you, the longer it'll take to reach a possible resolution.
  3. Upload your full, unedited X-Plane log.txt file. Important: Each time X-Plane starts, the log.txt file is overwritten, so it's very important that you capture the log before you start X-Plane again, otherwise any valuable information related to a crash or other issue will be lost. Please upload the contents of your X-Plane log.txt file to https://bin.clowd.io (or another file sharing website). It's much easier for me to look at the log when it's uploaded to an external website than scrolling through it when it's pasted directly in a reply.
  4. Additionally, please also upload the respective NetworkLog and PluginLog files to https://bin.clowd.io (a separate shareable link for each file please!). xPilot will keep the last 5 of each log, so be sure to upload the appropriate log files that is associated with the issue you're reporting (hint: look at the timestamp on the log filenames if you're unsure of which ones to provide).  These log files are located in the xPilot application directory. By default, xPilot is installed in %localappdata%\xPilot (e.g. C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\xPilot).
Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C1), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, seriously? Just read the opening topic.  You copy the CSL folders i.e. CSL and/or X-CSL to the pathway shown e.g. Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell and/or Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL, respectively). You start xPlane and then open settings from the Pilot plugin (not the xPilot .exe program) and insert the pathways separately and then tick which one you want to use. Simples.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Daniel Mckee said:

Guys, seriously? Just read the opening topic.  You copy the CSL folders i.e. CSL and/or X-CSL to the pathway shown e.g. Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell and/or Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/X-CSL, respectively). You start xPlane and then open settings from the Pilot plugin (not the xPilot .exe program) and insert the pathways separately and then tick which one you want to use. Simples.

You do realize that X-CSL uses an installer that doesn't work with xPilot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I thought you were talking about using X-CSL with xPilot.  I think your question is how to use X-CSL's (usually used  with X-Ivap on IVAO not Vatsim) on Vatsim which is a different question because once you have them all installed for use with Vatsim you then just create pathways in xPilot as instructed. As far as adapting X-CSL for use with Vatsim/xPilot maybe one of my previous topic extract will help.

 

Edited by Daniel Mckee
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Felipe Vicini said:

Justin how do you setup X-CSL to install into the xPilot?

 

1 hour ago, Nico Paetzold said:

This Tutorial explains how to convert and use XCSL in vatsim with the latest xPilot version.
With XCSL running engines, Beacon and Taxi Light are being displayed correctly. Also every livery is going to be shown correctly.

Vatsim xPilot with XCSL: 

 

 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a crash of X-Plane (just closing - no crash report) with the newest xPilot Alpha. The last line in the log was:

xPilot/XPMP2 21:07:54.598 [ERROR] CSLModels.cpp:157/XPObjLoadedCB: Async load for J3_ZZZ: CSLObj in CSLModel object not found!

https://pastebin.com/raw/6ReMNznX

Anything I can do? ZZZ.png in the J3 folder is there. 

Best regards

Daniel

Edited by Daniel Blasig
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Daniel Blasig said:

I just had a crash of X-Plane (just closing - no crash report) with the newest xPilot Alpha. The last line in the log was:

xPilot/XPMP2 21:07:54.598 [ERROR] CSLModels.cpp:157/XPObjLoadedCB: Async load for J3_ZZZ: CSLObj in CSLModel object not found!

https://pastebin.com/raw/6ReMNznX

Anything I can do? ZZZ.png in the J3 folder is there. 

Best regards

Daniel

Unfortunately the log does not clearly indicate to me that xPilot was the cause of the crash. Typically when xPilot crashes X-Plane, the last line in he log file would indicate that xPilot caused the application to crash. Now, it's quite possible that xPilot did cause X-Plane to crash, but there's not enough information to discern what caused the crash to occur. The last line you see in the log file is basically saying that xPilot couldn't find a particular CSL model, so it unloaded object from X-Plane (to free up memory).

I would suggest running the CSL2XSB converter (see the video tutorial in a few posts up) to convert your X-CSL models to the original OBJ8 format. This will clear up a lot of your CSL model loading errors you see in your log ("Only supported format is OBJ8, ignoring model definition").

Controller (C1), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your reply. I converted the models with the tool just some hours before the crashes. But I only saved one log file. Just now I was running a new session with crash again. For the next test I am running with the unconverted X-CSLs. I will report.

Link to post
Share on other sites

xpilot has been crashing for me every time i approach a busy area like london. no trace in the log file but x plane freezes and then crashes to desktop. i know it is xpilot because it crashed teh same flight 3 times and when i flew the same flight offline i had no crash

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2020 at 6:14 PM, Daniel Blasig said:

Thanks for your reply. I converted the models with the tool just some hours before the crashes. But I only saved one log file. Just now I was running a new session with crash again. For the next test I am running with the unconverted X-CSLs. I will report.

Since I came back to the original (non converted) X-CSLs I got no crash anymore. And I experience some problems with the visibility of other aircrafts. After some time without any action or switching to another airport I do not see other aircrafts. I know, very unspecific - but reproducable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

X-Plane crashed with xPilot 1.3.3.0 the first time I've tried it. Still not one single crash with 1.3.1.2., rock solid for me and made at least ten flights with it. Both with Vulkan.

0:33:49.517 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at XEDAC. Advancing...
0:33:49.517 I/ATC: Changing XEDAC CabState from 2 to 0
0:34:48.742 E/GFX/VK: Vulkan call (result) signaled: 1000001003 (Unknown (1000001003))
0:34:48.742 E/GFX/VK: Vulkan call (result) signaled: 1000001003 (Unknown (1000001003))
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot 1.3.3.0}==--

Last lines of log.

If I'm allowed to make a little suggestion, that would be to increase the labels size 1 or 2 points, or put an option if possible, or maybe put a semi opaque background, they are hard to read in some situations, thought that with the color selection would be enough, but no (for me).

From my experience 1.3.1.2 could be a beta or more, but maybe it's just me, you'll know better. Thanks for your work Justin.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, this is alpha software. There are no guarantees that it will 100% work in its current state. I have a new build that I'll be pushing soon; I was able to do a flight during MIA's event last night without any issues using Vulkan.

If you're having flight withdrawals, then downgrade to 1.2.1.0 and use OpenGL until then.

  • Like 1

Controller (C1), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fernando Mercerat said:

X-Plane crashed with xPilot 1.3.3.0 the first time I've tried it. Still not one single crash with 1.3.1.2., rock solid for me and made at least ten flights with it. Both with Vulkan.

0:33:49.517 I/ATC: All arrivals are done at XEDAC. Advancing...
0:33:49.517 I/ATC: Changing XEDAC CabState from 2 to 0
0:34:48.742 E/GFX/VK: Vulkan call (result) signaled: 1000001003 (Unknown (1000001003))
0:34:48.742 E/GFX/VK: Vulkan call (result) signaled: 1000001003 (Unknown (1000001003))
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot 1.3.3.0}==--

Last lines of log.

If I'm allowed to make a little suggestion, that would be to increase the labels size 1 or 2 points, or put an option if possible, or maybe put a semi opaque background, they are hard to read in some situations, thought that with the color selection would be enough, but no (for me).

From my experience 1.3.1.2 could be a beta or more, but maybe it's just me, you'll know better. Thanks for your work Justin.

No, labels cannot be resized; this is an X-Plane limitation.

Controller (C1), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

Guys, this is alpha software. There are no guarantees that it will 100% work in its current state. I have a new build that I'll be pushing soon; I was able to do a flight during MIA's event last night without any issues using Vulkan.

If you're having flight withdrawals, then downgrade to 1.2.1.0 and use OpenGL until then.

difficult to go back to the stuttering openGL now. 

just FYI all crashes have been experienced when approaching london (where there is fair bit of traffic). no problem originating from london even when it is crowded. 

currently flying in to madrid where traffic is scattered here and there. been flying for 2 hours EGBB to LEMD no issue yet. 

any idea why the crashes are only related to the london area? tried XCSL and BB both crashed so its not a CSL issue it seems

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...