You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vatsimtraffic with no flare at landing

Benjamin Exenberger

Benjamin Exenberger
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hallo Guys,

initially many thx for the xPilot-Software!!

I have a  problem with  xPilot for Vatsim in combination with BlueBell liveries. (i also tried it out with XCSL)

Is it usual with the present xPilotversion that Vatsimtraffic is approaching normal, but if they are reaching the threshold that they are suddenly on the ground? 

So theres no flare to see, the planes are literally loosing their altitude of aprox. 50ft to 0ft within a blink of an eye.

I installed the IVAO_Offset correction twice, but no changes.. If the planes are on ground, they are taxing normally and are not sinking into the ground.

Im using xPilot Version 1.3.1.1 and X-Plane 11.50b4 Vulkan... but its the same if i disable Vulkan..

EDIT: I also tried out the newest Alpha 1.3.3.0 and made a video -> 

Are there any ideas for it or is it a known problem?

Best Regards and many thx in advance

Benjamin

Edited by Benjamin Exenberger

Nico Paetzold
Posted
Posted

Yes i noticed the same issue. They are just forced to the ground form 50ft or so above the threshold.
Same for takeoff, Landing gear is immediatly retracted, no smooth transition

Patrick Schimanski
Posted
Posted

Yes same for me . No smooth landing after update to version1.3.0.2

Benjamin Exenberger
Posted
Posted

Good morning guys,

in the meantime i went back to X-Plane 11.41 and xPilot betaversion 1.2.1.0

Here everything is normal! 

Additionally i noticed in Vulkan and Alpha 1.3.3.0 that sometimes some planes are not showing up. They are invisible 

and you cant see it. Also if you enable their callsigns, you dont see anything of the plane. A friend of me adviced me the

last time: "you are already in his APU" and i replyed "what? theres no plane in front of me" 

And one time i couldnt see any plane. Only a sim-restart was helpful in this case. 

The question is, if it works if you use X-Plane 11.41 and xPilot 1.3.3.0.

Best Regards

Benjamin