You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Vpilot disconnects from voice server and audio scratchy

Sean Stoffels

Sean Stoffels
Posted
Posted

Hi,

Been having trouble for a few weeks with Vpilot disconnecting from voice server and automatically reconnecting. It says reason: Lost server connection and subsequently automatically reconnects. Please see image attached. I have often had the interruption about every minute resulting in broken transmissions for the duration of the flight.

Even when Vpilot does not disconnect from voice server, the audio from ATC and surrounding traffic is very scratchy so it is difficult to hear. I always use the most up to date version of vpilot but this problem has persisted through the last few updates. 

I tried installing Swift to test if I have the same problem. Sure enough the audio was very scratchy (making ATC and other traffic bearly audible) although, no prompt was received for disconnecting from any server. 

I have updated my sound drivers, checked my internet connection and verified that my hardware isn't the problem and they all appear to be in good order.

Any suggestions to solve this problem?

Vpilot Disconn Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.20 - 09.05.07.63.jpg