You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

xPilot Alpha 1.3.4.0-Alpha Now Available

Justin Shannon

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)

Update: Version 1.3.4.1-Alpha has been made available to fix an issue when using the Radio Messages window within X-Plane. This update also includes an update to the way aircraft labels are positioned on other aircraft; they will now appear above the aircraft instead of on the body.

------

Version 1.3.4.0-Alpha of xPilot is now available for download from the web site, or via the automatic update utility built into the pilot client (if you are running 1.3.3.0 and have the "Alpha" update channel selected in the settings).

The following items were changed, added or fixed in this version:

• "Fetch From Server" button will now fetch a pre-filed the flight plan on first click
  • Fix issue with aircraft "falling to the ground" when flaring on landing
  • xPilot will now automatically disconnect if the xPilot X-Plane plugin becomes disabled (e.g. through a plugin manager)
  • Refactored interop messaging (that's how xPilot communicates with the xPilot X-Plane plugin)
  • Added missing spoiler/speed brake aircraft configuration property; this means you should now see if an aircraft deploys their spoilers/speed brakes (if their pilot client supports the aircraft configuration packet)
  • General program stability improvements

It is very important that you close X-Plane completely before installing xPilot. Failure to do so will prevent xPilot from being installed correctly.

Known Issues:

• Opening the X-Plane map while connected to xPilot can sometimes cause a crash to desktop (CTD).
  • Who's Online window within X-Plane will sometimes not open when requested.
Edited by Justin Shannon
Add information about 1.3.4.1 update; Add item to known issues

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Don Jones
Posted
Posted

Unfortunately Xpilot asked to update with Xplane running ( I hadn't seen this thread ). 

I now can't see any aircraft when connected. What's the best plan to get up and running please.

Thanks .......

Don Jones
Posted
Posted

Update:    I've re-installed it & it's working fine now.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Don Jones said:

Unfortunately Xpilot asked to update with Xplane running ( I hadn't seen this thread ). 

I now can't see any aircraft when connected. What's the best plan to get up and running please.

Thanks .......

The installer should have warned you that X-Plane.exe was running, did it not?

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted

also any idea why i have so many errors and warnings related to CSL? the actual CSLs look ok when i look at them in x plane

i have basically taken the XCSL updater and run the python scrips on all the models in XCSL and stored them in the xpilot resources folder and enabled them in xpilot (followed this from the tutorial) - am i missing something?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

crashed again on 1.3.4.1 as i approach heathrow. better this time as i got pretty close (around 25 miles). but i think it crashed as soon as the traffic got too heavy. 

log below

https://bin.clowd.io/?176c2499c1e5986e#FkvAJrB2zTjimrQzVUMNvPSY99yKHidUkc7Y7rgNqMU5

Does it crash if you just use Bluebell CSL models?

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted
Just now, Justin Shannon said:

Does it crash if you just use Bluebell CSL models?

i can try that next

will let you know

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
Just now, Shameel Ahmed said:

i can try that next

will let you know

Thanks. Also, can you look in the Output/crash_reports folder and see if there is a .rpt and/or .dmp file for this latest crash? If so, can you attach them here?

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Justin Shannon said:

Thanks. Also, can you look in the Output/crash_reports folder and see if there is a .rpt and/or .dmp file for this latest crash? If so, can you attach them here?

yes there is, can you tell me how to attach a rpt file?

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Justin Shannon said:

here you go, let me know if you figure out why and if i can stop it somehow

https://filebin.net/21rq5m8mr9nl3paf

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

here you go, let me know if you figure out why and if i can stop it somehow

https://filebin.net/21rq5m8mr9nl3paf

Thanks for providing this. Unfortunately, the dump file call stack does not point to xPilot.

It's difficult to know for certain if the crash was actually caused by xPilot because of the generic "--=={This application has crashed!}==--" line in the log. Typically, if a plugin causes a crash, you would see a line similar to "--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--". 

One thing I do notice is you have a lot of plugins installed. Try removing all of them except xPilot and try again. If no crash, then keep adding a plugin one-by-one until you get a crash. 

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

Thanks for providing this. Unfortunately, the dump file call stack does not point to xPilot.

It's difficult to know for certain if the crash was actually caused by xPilot because of the generic "--=={This application has crashed!}==--" line in the log. Typically, if a plugin causes a crash, you would see a line similar to "--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: xPilot}==--". 

One thing I do notice is you have a lot of plugins installed. Try removing all of them except xPilot and try again. If no crash, then keep adding a plugin one-by-one until you get a crash. 

i have had multiple crashes with xpilot enabled on the exact same route. as soon as i flew offline, i was able to complete the flight. the log file in that instance also said that this application has crashed without referencing xpilot. furthermore, i have been using 11.50 without xpilot for a good 2-3 weeks before i starting using xpilot and did not experience a single crash like the ones i have started seeing now. I am fairly confident that they are related to xpilot and heavy traffic load (i can complete flights in low traffic load).

yesterday i was able to complete a flight using the BB CSLs in heavy traffic (although i got disconnected right around when i was approaching, but i managed to reconnect) so it may be related to XCSL. another thing i noticed was that the ground aircraft spawn pretty late like around 3-4 miles from touchdown - is that expected?

this guy has also been having crashes in busy areas and his log also does not specify xpilot 

Edited by Shameel Ahmed

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

i have had multiple crashes with xpilot enabled on the exact same route. as soon as i flew offline, i was able to complete the flight. the log file in that instance also said that this application has crashed without referencing xpilot. furthermore, i have been using 11.50 without xpilot for a good 2-3 weeks before i starting using xpilot and did not experience a single crash like the ones i have started seeing now. I am fairly confident that they are related to xpilot and heavy traffic load (i can complete flights in low traffic load).

yesterday i was able to complete a flight using the BB CSLs in heavy traffic (although i got disconnected right around when i was approaching, but i managed to reconnect) so it may be related to XCSL. another thing i noticed was that the ground aircraft spawn pretty late like around 3-4 miles from touchdown - is that expected?

this guy has also been having crashes in busy areas and his log also does not specify xpilot 

It’s possible that you have a corrupt X-CSL model object, which is causing X-Plane to crash. 

Edited by Justin Shannon

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted (edited)

Very happy to see a new xPilot is available to try out!

I'm currently on 1.3.1.2 and just had this nasty crash midair. Was a first though and hopefully whatever caused it might have already been fixed in 1.3.4.1.

Edited to add, when I got this, it didn't actually crash xPilot. That one kept running saying it was waiting for a connection to X-Plane after I pressed the 'Retry' button. Instead, it made X-Plane hang. Below is the last part of log.txt from X-Plane if of any use to you.

xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/related.txt
xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/MapIcons.png
xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/Doc8643.txt
xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/
xPilot 13:19:52.295: XPMPMultiplayer initialized
xPilot 13:19:52.295: AI planes enabled
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'B77W' in line 67
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'BE33' in line 162
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'BE35' in line 162
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'BE36' in line 162
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.310 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:167/Doc8643Load: doc8643.txt: Line 3258 did not match expectations: EUROCOPTER    Super Puma (EC-225)     EC25    H2T    
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.313 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:167/Doc8643Load: doc8643.txt: Line 4127 did not match expectations: HELI-SPORT    CH-7 Kompress     CH7    H1P    
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.313 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:167/Doc8643Load: doc8643.txt: Line 4128 did not match expectations: HELI-SPORT    Kompress     CH7    H1P    
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.454 [ERROR] CSLModels.cpp:369/CSLModelsConvPackagePath: Line 523: The file '__Bluebell_Jets/E145/E145_BMI_G-RJXI.obj' could not be found at F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets/E145/E145_BMI_G-RJXI.obj
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.456 [WARN] CSLModels.cpp:386/CSLModelsAdd: Duplicate model 'E170_DAL', additional definitions ignored, originally defined in line 583 of F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.456 [WARN] CSLModels.cpp:386/CSLModelsAdd: Duplicate model 'E170_LOT', additional definitions ignored, originally defined in line 608 of F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.457 [WARN] CSLModels.cpp:386/CSLModelsAdd: Duplicate model 'E170_USA', additional definitions ignored, originally defined in line 648 of F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets
xPilot 13:19:52.478: xPilot initialized
xPilot 13:19:52.482: xPilot Plugin Started (Version 1.3.1.2). Port 45001
xPilot 13:19:52.482: TCP socket thread started

Will try it out right away 👍

1637284599_xPilotcrash.jpg.fc471ab9b519dbeddf1321841b9207f1.jpg

Edited by Richard Asberg
Added some info

Richard Åsberg

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Do you install the latest Alpha on top of the version already installed? Or do you need to first uninstall the current version?

Richard Åsberg

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
55 minutes ago, Richard Asberg said:

Do you install the latest Alpha on top of the version already installed? Or do you need to first uninstall the current version?

Yes, install it on top of the current version. Make sure X-Plane is completely closed, otherwise the plugin cannot be updated.

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Richard Asberg said:

Very happy to see a new xPilot is available to try out!

I'm currently on 1.3.1.2 and just had this nasty crash midair. Was a first though and hopefully whatever caused it might have already been fixed in 1.3.4.1.

Edited to add, when I got this, it didn't actually crash xPilot. That one kept running saying it was waiting for a connection to X-Plane after I pressed the 'Retry' button. Instead, it make X-Plane hang. Below is the last part of log.txt from X-Plane if of any use to you.

xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/related.txt
xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/MapIcons.png
xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/Doc8643.txt
xPilot 13:19:52.294: Path initialized: F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/
xPilot 13:19:52.295: XPMPMultiplayer initialized
xPilot 13:19:52.295: AI planes enabled
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'B77W' in line 67
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'BE33' in line 162
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'BE35' in line 162
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.298 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:87/RelatedLoad: related.txt: Duplicate entry for 'BE36' in line 162
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.310 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:167/Doc8643Load: doc8643.txt: Line 3258 did not match expectations: EUROCOPTER    Super Puma (EC-225)     EC25    H2T    
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.313 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:167/Doc8643Load: doc8643.txt: Line 4127 did not match expectations: HELI-SPORT    CH-7 Kompress     CH7    H1P    
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.313 [WARN] RelatedDoc8643.cpp:167/Doc8643Load: doc8643.txt: Line 4128 did not match expectations: HELI-SPORT    Kompress     CH7    H1P    
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.454 [ERROR] CSLModels.cpp:369/CSLModelsConvPackagePath: Line 523: The file '__Bluebell_Jets/E145/E145_BMI_G-RJXI.obj' could not be found at F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets/E145/E145_BMI_G-RJXI.obj
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.456 [WARN] CSLModels.cpp:386/CSLModelsAdd: Duplicate model 'E170_DAL', additional definitions ignored, originally defined in line 583 of F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.456 [WARN] CSLModels.cpp:386/CSLModelsAdd: Duplicate model 'E170_LOT', additional definitions ignored, originally defined in line 608 of F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets
xPilot/XPMP2 13:19:52.457 [WARN] CSLModels.cpp:386/CSLModelsAdd: Duplicate model 'E170_USA', additional definitions ignored, originally defined in line 648 of F:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPilot/Resources/CSL/Bluebell/BB_Jets
xPilot 13:19:52.478: xPilot initialized
xPilot 13:19:52.482: xPilot Plugin Started (Version 1.3.1.2). Port 45001
xPilot 13:19:52.482: TCP socket thread started

Will try it out right away 👍

1637284599_xPilotcrash.jpg.fc471ab9b519dbeddf1321841b9207f1.jpg

Thanks. I believe I have identified the issue and patched it for the next release.

Richard Asberg
Posted
Posted

Thanks Justin.

Richard Åsberg

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Justin Shannon said:

It’s possible that you have a corrupt X-CSL model object, which is causing X-Plane to crash. 

tested BB again, worked well no crash.

can you tell from my log what issue i have with XCSL? i simply used the XCSL installer, updated everything to the latest version, moved all those files to xpilot resources, ran the python script. Thats it. am i missing something?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Shameel Ahmed said:

tested BB again, worked well no crash.

can you tell from my log what issue i have with XCSL? i simply used the XCSL installer, updated everything to the latest version, moved all those files to xpilot resources, ran the python script. Thats it. am i missing something?

It’s hard to say. Short of testing each model one by one until you get a crash, there’s really not any easy way to know (at least that I’m aware of). 

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Justin Shannon said:

It’s hard to say. Short of testing each model one by one until you get a crash, there’s really not any easy way to know (at least that I’m aware of). 

BB not crashing at all in high density as well. must be XCSL. il try a brand new install of them

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Justin Shannon said:

do all the CSL warnings and errors mean anything? why do i get so many warnings and errors but the CSLs themselves look ok

Edited by Shameel Ahmed

Shameel Ahmed
Posted
Posted
On 4/28/2020 at 8:21 PM, Justin Shannon said:

did a brand new install of XCSL - didnt get a crash. hopefully everything is working smoothly now

• Justin Shannon unpinned this topic