You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

Yellow taxiway lines???

Erik Mueffler 972060

Erik Mueffler 972060
Posted
Posted

Are there yellow taxiway lines at airports in X-Plane? I've been looking everywhere but I only see these at two custom scenery airports which I downloaded (EDDL end EDDM). At any other airport I've been to, the layout of the taxiways is basically correct, but there are no yellow lines, which is a bit inconvenient when flying on-line. Am I doing anything wrong? If no, how do other people deal with this?

(I'm on X-Plane 8.50 RC3 and global scenery)

Thanks for your help!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Thomas Hall 933426
Posted
Posted

I'm still on 7.63 and I have never seen the yellow taxi lines but then I haven't downloaded much custom scenery. I don't find not having them too much of a problem. I usually have the aerodrome charts anyway and specify that I am using X-plane in my flight plan since the ATC sector files are written for that other visual flight game. 8)

If it has a location then its GIS!

Graham Sanders 892576
Posted
Posted

Hi, I use a chart, which I have open with Preview and just switch between the chart and xplane. Also I write something like "using Mac, no taxiway info" in the comments box of xsqwarkbox.

Keith Smith
Posted
Posted

The ability to render taxiway markings (lines, signs, hold short lines, etc) was added to the core engine in 8.50. There is currently only one stock airport that has the markings in the airport database, and that's KSBD. The rest of the airports will follow as users take the time to contribute and make the changes.

In the mean time, your best bet, as before, is to either have two screens, using the second to open the airport diagrams in another window, or print the chart in advance of your flight. Using the former technique, I rarely have trouble getting around at airports that I'm unfamiliar with.

Mark Steele 953544
Posted
Posted

Another option available if you have GoodWay is to create and load a flight plan - the aircraft charts are included in the flightplan and can be called up from the MAPS menu.

I generally use that screen to see where I am and use the FAA Airport Diagrams to get the actual taxiway designations.

87.png

61.png

cax_sig.gif