You're browsing the 2004-2023 VATSIM Forums archive. All content is preserved in a read-only fashion.
For the latest forum posts, please visit https://forum.vatsim.net.

Need to find something? Use the Google search below.

“live” jet aircraft on the ground produces a propeller sound, like a c172.

Chris Jones

Chris Jones
Posted
Posted

Hey everyone. My friend and I have discovered a problem. For some reason when you are next to another “live” jet aircraft on the ground it produces a propeller sound, like a c172. Anyone know how to fix that? I am using XPilot. Thanks!

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Chris Jones said:

Hey everyone. My friend and I have discovered a problem. For some reason when you are next to another “live” jet aircraft on the ground it produces a propeller sound, like a c172. Anyone know how to fix that? I am using XPilot. Thanks!

The sounds you’re hearing are from AI aircraft. If you turn off AI aircraft, you’ll no longer hear them. (xPilot uses AI aircraft for TCAS, because that’s how X-Plane TCAS works; however, TCAS should still work with them turned off).

Edited by Justin Shannon

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Chris Jones
Posted
Posted

Thanks I'll give it a try.

Chris Jones
Posted
Posted

That worked. Am I supposed to hear the noise of passing jets on the ground when they taxi past me, because I don't?

Justin Shannon
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Chris Jones said:

That worked. Am I supposed to hear the noise of passing jets on the ground when they taxi past me, because I don't?

No, you will not hear any ambient aircraft noises. 

Controller (C3), Los Angeles ARTCC
Developer: xPilot, vATIS

Chris Jones
Posted
Posted

Thanks